Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #391
kababy76
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatesCakes

Hey-
I am in Duluth too! You are the first I've seen post on here that is from Duluth.
I'm in Duluth too!!

Advertisement

In my spare time I like to... What is spare time??
kababy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #392
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:
Re: Minnesota Mommas?!

Minneapolis mamas- there is a fun PJ party coming up that ECFE is putting on at Anne Sullivan school- lots of gross motor stuff, pizza, music and more. If you are interested in more info, PM me for the details.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #393
Kenshin
Registered Users
Formerly: jes**e
seller
seller

Last edited by Kenshin; 11-10-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #394
emconigs
Registered Users
seller

I too will soon be relocating to Minneapolis. Any moms have great tips, resources, or info about the city? Where to live in the city? Things I must do with my kids (3 and 1 years old)? The best library story times? Great play groups? I am open to ANY ideas or info. Thanks!
emconigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #395
cnowen
Registered Users

Get a membership to the Childrens Museum in St. Paul. Worth every penny!
cnowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #396
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

Totally agree about the Children's museum- it is fantastic. Como Zoo is a lot of fun too with little ones. It is smallish, but has plenty to see and is manageable with little ones. Even in the winter, you can spend time in the conservatory, the playroom and rainforest room, and have a little walk outside to see the monkeys or the zebra/giraffes. There are tons of parks/playgrounds too, so these are great in the warmer months, and many have free pools- not really deep, but fun for splashing and playing as well as for getting to know folks in your neighborhood. I think the story time at the Walker library is very good- librarian is super with the kids, but haven't been to others to compare. It is on Wed mornings.

Both the Walker art museum and the Minneapolis Institute of Arts have days when they provide activities for kids. MIA is free (and super awesome), and I think the Walker is free for kids and you can get a library pass for adults admission if you plan ahead. MIA also has a great "family room" with a fun playspace with lots of building materials and also has tables if you want to lunch there. Minnesota Zoo also has library passes available.

If I had to choose again, I would live in South Minneapolis- we live in Uptown, and while it is great, I would choose a less expensive location that has more families.

Jessllee, I haven't been there, but a friend of mine took classes at this sewing store: http://www.sewtropolis.com/

For getting to know people ECFE (Early Childhood Family Education) is great. There are tons of families involved, and it is on a sliding scale for payment based on income. The classes are great resources and fun for both parents and kids- you attend together once a week for a 2 hours class. If you want more info on this or any of the things I mentioned, just PM me, I would be glad to share. My kids are 3 and newborn.

Last edited by Hands&Fire Pottery; 02-16-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #397
mrsashleyo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Also with a library card you can check out museum passses to local museums for free admission or reduced rates.

I wouldn't recommend north mpls, has a bit higher crime rate.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #398
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesllee View Post
I am living in Oklahoma right now, but I will be moving to Minneapolis (downtown, most likely) in about a month. I'd really like to meet some women up there because I will not know anyone. I'm hoping to start TTC soon, so I wouldn't be able to participate in play dates, but I'd love to meet some moms that also like sewing and I'd be thrilled if I could find a friend to be pregnant with together!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emconigs View Post
I too will soon be relocating to Minneapolis. Any moms have great tips, resources, or info about the city? Where to live in the city? Things I must do with my kids (3 and 1 years old)? The best library story times? Great play groups? I am open to ANY ideas or info. Thanks!
If you like message boards you should go on www.minnie-moms.com

Its a MN only moms board but its also for ladies TTC. We have daily chats, play groups, moms night out...
Tricia~31 Married for 13 years to Chad~36. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~12, Ethan~10, Jacob~8, Annika~5, Makenna~4, Niko James~3, Cyrus~1 and blessing #8 due 10/10/15
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #399
Kenshin
Registered Users
Formerly: jes**e
seller
seller

Last edited by Kenshin; 11-10-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:08 AM   #400
cnowen
Registered Users

There is also the St. Paul meetup on meetup.com. Super nice ladies!
cnowen is offline   Reply With Quote