Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #201
catilina
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone in Utah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delore View Post
Bountiful is probably about a 20ish min drive from me, but not too bad! I keep dreaming of the day another hippy mama (as DH calls me) moves into my ward.

Spelled it right! I wasn't sure who you are since my brain is missing the part that remembers names, but I clicked on your blog link, found a pic of you, and I totally remember you! You had those homemade cloth wipes that you were showing Emily who was pregnant at the time, and I remember I thought they seemed too small but you said you really liked them that size. I've been going to LLL in Layton ever since they started it up here again but I'm impressed you remember me from that one time. I'm near the Target in Layton (what is that, west Layton? central Layton? ), but South Weber can't be much more than a 10 min drive. We should have a play-date! And I'm thinking I should try to come to LLL in Ogden sometime. Do you go to the one in Downtown Ogden still, or a different one? My friend Deann likes the one in South Ogden (at least I think that's the one she said she goes to).

Holy...ramble on the Utah thread. Sorry ladies.
That's funny...because I totally can't picture who Emily is...but I remembered your daughter's name, so that's how I remember you! I go to whichever meeting fits into my schedule during any given week! Sometimes I go to the downtown Ogden one and sometimes I go to the North Ogden (Harrisville) one. I have gone a few times to the South Ogden meeting (which is actually the closest one to me), but because it's on a night when my husband has classes, I have to take the kids, and the library meeting room is not all that kid-friendly, so we only go to that one if I have a really pressing question, or if I just *really* have to get out of the house! I know Deann. I think she typically goes to the Harrisville meeting. At least that's the only one I think I've ever seen her at! It's all very confusing to me. When I was pregnant with DS 5 years ago and I started going to LLL meetings, there was just one location in Ogden. Then the church we met at got torn down, so they moved to a new location, but also split up the group to keep one location downtown. Then they started a toddler group (no longer), and an evening group, and it was just mayhem, I tell you! At that point it seemed like all my LLL friends disappeared, or maybe there are just so many different groups going on that we never cross paths anymore! I'm glad that there are so many different meeting times and locations to accommodate so many moms, but I am sad that I no longer have "my" LLL to go to anymore! I have gone to one Layton meeting, and it was not a good location for my very active/mobile (toddler at the time) son. So we haven't gone back. The downtown Ogden meeting location has finished its remodel, and the new meeting space is very nice and kid/baby friendly.

I have one friend (other than LLL friends) locally who cloth diapers, and other than her, most people look at me like I have 3 heads when they find out what a "hippie" I am...

The Layton Target is really only about 10 minutes from me! We should get together sometime!

And you thought your ramble was a long one!

Advertisement

i'm a bloggin' mama! Your Fire, Your Soul

Last edited by catilina; 01-05-2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: because I'm obsessive about formatting...
catilina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:36 PM   #202
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had no idea there were so many like minded mamas near me. I feel like such an isolated island. I'm in west weber just west of odgen but dh works in layton.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #203
Cute Little Bugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My sister lives in Ogden and she and her SIL (who lives there too) CD, but neither are on DS as far as I know. I've supplied all her CDing stuff so far!
Get 5% off with code DSFIVE
Cute Little Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:49 PM   #204
delore
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
I had no idea there were so many like minded mamas near me. I feel like such an isolated island. I'm in west weber just west of odgen but dh works in layton.
I hear ya! I think we all need to find each other so we don't feel isolated! OT but I think it's so cool that you raise sheep. Are you anywhere Johnny's Dairy? Or is that too far north? That's where DH likes to get milk so we are up that way sometimes. I don't really know the area west of Ogden other than the dairy farm.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:57 PM   #205
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Soo...anyone wanna move into my neighborhood? Some nice homes for sale nearby. Cmon, I'm desperate for some other crunchy mamas to hang out with! I know some in Ogden but I'd love a neighbor or two within walking distance that i can talk fluff with. anyone?
Quote:
I hear ya! I think we all need to find each other so we don't feel isolated! OT but I think it's so cool that you raise sheep. Are you anywhere Johnny's Dairy? Or is that too far north? That's where DH likes to get milk so we are up that way sometimes. I don't really know the area west of Ogden other than the dairy farm.
Is that the store on riverdale or an actual dairy? We have quite a few dairies around here, do you know a last name? or if you give me an address I could figure it out. I'm pretty in touch with most of the farmers out here.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:59 PM   #206
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bugs Boutique View Post
My sister lives in Ogden and she and her SIL (who lives there too) CD, but neither are on DS as far as I know. I've supplied all her CDing stuff so far!
That's the thing I know there are quite a few of us because everytime I post cd on ksl for sale they sell quick. And I usually have a nice visit with the ladies I've sold them too, but so far none have been from ogden. I've had a lady drive down from preston for used cd s though.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #207
bboo79
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
My parents live in West Weber. I live in Springville. What a small world.
Wife to Mike and mother to DS#1 (04/04), DS#2 (12/05) DD#1 (11/07), DS#3 (02/09) and DS#4 (08/11)

ISO diaper sprayer, snappis, OS diapers, covers
bboo79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:49 PM   #208
delore
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Is that the store on riverdale or an actual dairy? We have quite a few dairies around here, do you know a last name? or if you give me an address I could figure it out. I'm pretty in touch with most of the farmers out here.
No not the store in Riverdale, but the same people who own it. I think it's called Ropleto dairy but I'm not sure if I spelled that right.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #209
mommakittie
Registered Users

My Mood:

South Jordan here
mommakittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #210
MrsLovewell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hey Northern Utah mamas! I'm thinking about hosting a Smart Bottoms diaper party! Would any of you be interested in coming? I live in Roy, but my parents live in Lehi so I could do it there if there's more interest in that area!

PM me if you're interested, I haven't set a date yet so it's flexible!

"Like" my Facebook page
MrsLovewell is offline   Reply With Quote