Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2008, 12:35 PM   #141
terrismez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: High Desert Mamas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalMomof2 View Post
Thank you!

Do any of you know if our BRU here in Victorville is taking back bottles with BPA in them? And if they are, do they have to be unused and in the original package or can they be used?
Hi Mama! I'm in VV too!!! I have no idea about bottles - I'd just call them!

So....what do you do up here?

Advertisement

terrismez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:07 PM   #142
gueyclan
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes, tell us about yourself...(I'm nosy)
Brooke- Proud mama to 5 amazing boys D-14, A-12, T-10, P-8, G-5 and one sassy pants little girl E-2 Baby #7 due 12-6-15
gueyclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #143
NaturalMomof2
Registered Users

My Mood:

What do I do up here... well honestly... go to Victor Valley College full time lol! Exciting isn't it? I really dont have much of a life outside of school and home. I hit Starbucks with friends or drag my husband to BRU just to walk the store. Other than that, I do photography.

I've been married for 4 years come September. We have a 3 year old daughter, Caydence. She was born back in March of 2005. I had a lot of complications during my pregnancy with her (high risk) that ended up leading to an emergency induction at 36 weeks. Talk about a surprise on me! I went in for a routine appointment!

I had several miscarriages after Caydi was born and we pretty much called it quits on ever having another child. Then much to our surprise, 5 days before Christmas I found out I was pregnant again. It's another girl and we are very excited! I'm only 30 weeks, but I have dropped already and we are expecting her to arrive early (37 weeks or under) again due to complications.

I made my own baby food with Caydi and will do the same again this time. With Caydi I used throw away diapers, though I gave CDing a thought... my husband wasnt too keen on the idea. This time though... I got my way! I havent purchased any CDs yet... plan on buying the starter kit from gDiapers to give those a go and I will probably buy a few other kinds (not sure what other brands yet though)...we are on a tight budget, so I have to do a lot of research. ...I know my daughter will be in preemie diapers once she is born so that's something I need to consider as well.

Anyway... I think that's it! I'm pretty open so if you want to know anything, just ask!
NaturalMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #144
robertribeye
Registered Users
seller

ohh your prego too! cool. I am due in january. I was soo wanting to beg the mom at soccor to hold her new baby. But thought she might think I was wierd. I live in apple valley! I have all girls, 9, 5 and 3.Come august I will have just my 3 year old at home, so if you need a playdate and adult conversation, I am a sahm and always home. Are you decided on what cd you want for the little bean? I am almost done with my nb stash. I have never cd a newborn. But if you want to see some different kinds of dipes, I am more than happy to show you what I have. It makes a difference to be able to see different kinds. we all just had a get together and all shared our cd stash. I am trying many different kinds with the nb size, so that way by the smalls, I will know what my faves are.
Wow terri you were busy! your quilt looks so cute!
and Brooke, yup you are nosy
Old 06-20-2008, 04:18 PM   #145
gueyclan
Registered Users

My Mood:

So here's a little about me...

I live in AV about 45 min to an hour away from you. I am a SAHM to 4 boys. I have all their names/ages in my siggy.I've been married for 8 yrs in November. I am hoping to get pregnant again soon, which I may have already said. I don't go to school so college sounds pretty exciting to me. Gosh as I sit here trying to figure out what to write about my life I realize I AM BORING!!!! Pretty much I should write...."Hi I'm Brooke my life revolves around my husband and my kids." That pretty much sums it up. Oh, here you go...I love to read and knit and sew and do crafty stuff. I have always wanted to be a good photographer but I have had to content myself with the occasional good picture

As far as CD are concerned feel free to ask us any questions you want. We would be more than happy to help you do your research.
Brooke- Proud mama to 5 amazing boys D-14, A-12, T-10, P-8, G-5 and one sassy pants little girl E-2 Baby #7 due 12-6-15

Last edited by gueyclan; 06-20-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:11 PM   #146
gueyclan
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hey guys guess what!!! MY 3 yr old might have a broken foot. We went for an xray and the doc wasn't 100% sure so he is sending the xrays out to be looked at. I won't hear back until Mon/Tues. In the meantime he told me to keep him off his foot. UGH! Marathon movies here we come.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:06 PM   #147
terrismez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gueyclan View Post
Hey guys guess what!!! MY 3 yr old might have a broken foot. We went for an xray and the doc wasn't 100% sure so he is sending the xrays out to be looked at. I won't hear back until Mon/Tues. In the meantime he told me to keep him off his foot. UGH! Marathon movies here we come.
Ya right!!! Poor thing!!! And you too mama!!! How'd it happen??? I'll be sending prayers your way!!!

So....who knows how to make wool balls for the dryer - I know one of you do just don;t remember who I want to try them out!!!

terrismez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:16 PM   #148
gueyclan
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for the prayers Terri! It was really weird how it happened. He just jumped. He didn't jump off of anything, he just jumped and landed weird on his foot. The doctors keep telling me it shouldn't be broken but they can't rule it out, even after xrays. We have to wait for more analysis on the xrays.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #149
gueyclan
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well it's broken The doctor called it a chip fracture. He has it splinted right now and we will go to ortho in a few days.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #150
angelicwarthog
Registered Users

Hi ladies! I hope you don't mind if I jump in! My name is Kalani & I live in Palmdale. I'm a WAHM to my 2 boys who are 4 & 2 & another baby due July 25th! I've been married to my DH for 5 years in August. We have never CD'd before so this will be an experience! I just received my first batch of fluffy mail today & am very excited!!

Are there any stores in Palmdale or Lancaster that sell CDs?? I'd like to get a few more things, but wouldn't mind saving a little on s/h

Brooke- Sorry to hear about your little guy's foot. I'll be praying it gets better soon!

Thanks again for letting me crash your party!
angelicwarthog is offline   Reply With Quote