Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2010, 11:03 PM   #231
allisonrose
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: High Desert Mamas?

Making it anywhere around nap time is tough. I've had to wake my son a bit early from nap to make the bfing group.

The older baby yoga group got cancelled. Too bad. I guess they are currently short staffed. I plan to try to go to preschool story time at the library but that is right at our naptime....

Advertisement

allisonrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:22 PM   #232
pinknpurfect
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to go to the story time, last time I went they showed a 30 minute tv show, I wasn't too happy, the other times were fun but going to a library with 3 young kids isn't easy! I called about the yoga last week and was bummed to hear it was cancled.
Jennifer, wife to Joel. Mother to 3 amazing girls: my adorable twins Justice and Juliette (8-07), and my cutie baby girl Jocelyn (9-09) We are a ing,ing, BFing, BWing family of 5 J's...soon to be 6 FSOT yarn and wool
pinknpurfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:30 PM   #233
Courtnidge
Registered Users

Hi ladies! I'm a newb from Yucca Valley....anyone close to me???
Courtnidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #234
allisonrose
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jennifer - I finally made it to Storytime last week (I think). One of the librarians read a couple of books and then had the two older children sit down to color. My guy was walking around and pulling books off the shelf so I left when they began to color. He enjoys being read to at home but I guess when we are out somewhere, there's just too many distractions.
The bfing group is on the coming Monday. Since bwing has come up a few times - my first time to the group I brought my Ergo - I said I'd bring all my carriers. I have six.
I'm guessing some of the moms will think I'm a bit of a nut but oh well!

Courtnidge - There's a SoCal AP group on Yahoo and I want to say there's a few members on there who are out in Yucca Valley....
Old 04-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #235
pinknpurfect
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonrose View Post
Jennifer - I finally made it to Storytime last week (I think). One of the librarians read a couple of books and then had the two older children sit down to color. My guy was walking around and pulling books off the shelf so I left when they began to color. He enjoys being read to at home but I guess when we are out somewhere, there's just too many distractions.
The bfing group is on the coming Monday. Since bwing has come up a few times - my first time to the group I brought my Ergo - I said I'd bring all my carriers. I have six.
I'm guessing some of the moms will think I'm a bit of a nut but oh well!

Courtnidge - There's a SoCal AP group on Yahoo and I want to say there's a few members on there who are out in Yucca Valley....
Theu have had some really fun crafts at storytime. It is hit or miss though.

I might try to go to group, I called last time to see if they were having it and she called me at 12:50 to say yes, lol, too late to get the kids going.

I also have way too many baby carriers, although the majority are woven wraps.

On the 14th the center across from the breast feeding group is starting 2 playgroups, one for infants and another for toddlers, I will be going to at least the toddler one.
Jennifer, wife to Joel. Mother to 3 amazing girls: my adorable twins Justice and Juliette (8-07), and my cutie baby girl Jocelyn (9-09) We are a ing,ing, BFing, BWing family of 5 J's...soon to be 6 FSOT yarn and wool
Old 04-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #236
Mrs. D
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi mamas, I'm in Twentynine Palms. Pretty close to Yucca Valley, Courtnidge.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #237
allisonrose
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jennifer - To give you a heads up, there is a possibility that the bfing group may move: to an office on 7th across from the hospital. She didn't know if was going to happen before the next meeting or not and suggested calling first. (Next group will be the 19th - I won't make it because my mom is coming to visit.) Unfortunately a lot of people will likely end up very confused since there was only 4 mamas who went by the last meeting.

Woven wraps huh? How are you at back carries? A major weakness for me but with my guy now weighing in at 26 lbs, it's really the best option BWing-wise. I have a Didymos Silver Waves that doesn't get as much use as it should. I loved my Moby when my guy was a peanut and want to love my woven wrap....

I did hear about the new playgroup and am looking forward to it. I like getting out of the house but there's only so many times I can walk around Walmart!

Mrs. D -
Old 04-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #238
pinknpurfect
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wanted to go to the last meeting and planned too, but it was raining out here so we skipped it. I hope we can go to the next it always seems like something comes up.

They moved the playgroup to the 6th of May, so it isn't this week, I was looking foward to going but my twins are sick anyways.

I love my woven, I'm not good at back carries period. I got an ergo hoping it would be easy to put her on my back but I still have a hard time. I was able to get my twins in a back carry with my woven since it is easier with a toddler, but I am way to scared to try with Jocelyn. I love using my woven though, my 7 month old is already 20 pounds and the woven is the most comfy!
Old 04-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #239
allisonrose
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm finally subbing!

If I would have seen your message, I would have saved myself a trip across town. Oh well. I like the change from 11 am to 10 - better for our naptime.

With the Ergo, have you tried scooting her onto your back? Like this. It's a bit less dangerous feeling although the downside is that your shirt tends to end up twisted.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:58 PM   #240
pinknpurfect
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the video! I have tried it but my hip strap was waaaaaaay to tight. I need to loosen it up a bit and try again.

Playgroup is on the 6th, I just got a card in the mail. Fingers crossed we are all well and we can go! I have had some bad luck this month! Maybe I will see you there!