Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #181
designmommy14
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yay! Interest :-) so how old are the lo's be that you are bringing with? I'm trying to find a nice low-key place without retail pressure.. I looked into the new childrens museum that just opened and they have year memberships but it's a little pricey ($65 for one adult/one child) so I'm going to call to see if they would be interested in some sort of group deal.

I thought of a farmers market, though we would have to do something else at the end of October when they close.

Another thought was an independently run coffee shop like Temple coffee house in midtown. But that would be tough with active toddlers and los that want to play.

There is also parks, and if that is the best option perhaps we can find one with a community center that is open in the winter so we wouldn't have to relocate :-)

Or I suppose the downtown library! They have a fabulous kids area in the basement :-)

Let me know what you think, and what area of town you are open to.

Advertisement

designmommy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #182
scairns
Registered Users

Re: Sacramento Area/Roseville CD mommas

There use to be a store in north Sac that sold cloth diapers and had groups etc anyone know the name of it? I want to go but cant remember the name, think it was el camino area
scairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #183
lalaura
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by designmommy14 View Post
Yay! Interest :-) so how old are the lo's be that you are bringing with? I'm trying to find a nice low-key place without retail pressure.. I looked into the new childrens museum that just opened and they have year memberships but it's a little pricey ($65 for one adult/one child) so I'm going to call to see if they would be interested in some sort of group deal.

I thought of a farmers market, though we would have to do something else at the end of October when they close.

Another thought was an independently run coffee shop like Temple coffee house in midtown. But that would be tough with active toddlers and los that want to play.

There is also parks, and if that is the best option perhaps we can find one with a community center that is open in the winter so we wouldn't have to relocate :-)

Or I suppose the downtown library! They have a fabulous kids area in the basement :-)

Let me know what you think, and what area of town you are open to.

I am in Shingle Springs so everything is pretty far for me. Downtown is really far though. The joys of living up in the sticks, yeah? LOL

My DD is 4 1/2 who is in pre-k during the day and my youngest DD is 19 months

Proud SAHM to 2 beautiful girls J (03/11/07) and Z (01/18/10)
lalaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #184
designmommy14
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hmm we are from all over Sac! Natomas, Roseville, east Sac, Rancho, and Shingle Springs.. Perhaps the mamas in Natomas and Roseville could meet and the mamas along 50 could meet?

The mama in Shingle Springs, what is a reasonable distance for you? And mama is East Sac, how far along 50 are you willing to travel? It's tough how spread out Sacramento is!

Last edited by designmommy14; 09-03-2011 at 10:09 AM.
designmommy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #185
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scairns View Post
There use to be a store in north Sac that sold cloth diapers and had groups etc anyone know the name of it? I want to go but cant remember the name, think it was el camino area
That was Mothers Support Network. The store is gone and the group is active on FB now.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #186
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by designmommy14 View Post
Hmm we are from all over Sac! Natomas, Roseville, east Sac, Rancho, and Shingle Springs.. Perhaps the mamas in Natomas and Roseville could meet and the mamas along 50 could meet?

The mama in Shingle Springs, what is a reasonable distance for you? And mama is East Sac, how far along 50 are you willing to travel? It's tough how spread out Sacramento is!
I am right by 50 & 80 - so both are close. But I dont think I would go all the way out to Shingle Springs. I prob wouldnt drive more than 15-20 minutes - but that gives me a pretty big area of travel.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #187
scairns
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiths13 View Post
That was Mothers Support Network. The store is gone and the group is active on FB now.
TY now I am sad Anywhere else to buy cloth like they had?
Old 09-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #188
scairns
Registered Users

double post
Old 09-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #189
lalaura
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by designmommy14

20-30 minutes. Im near 50 so that also gives me decent travel

Hello typos - Sent from my DROIDX using DS Forum

Proud SAHM to 2 beautiful girls J (03/11/07) and Z (01/18/10)
lalaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #190
Janet4
Registered Users
seller

Not sure how I've missed this thread before, but I'm also in Rancho Cordova. And I LOVE cloth. Only problem is my lo is showing signs of potty training. Who thougt I'd be sad? I'm also hsing 3 older kids for the 1st time so life is rather BUSY atm. I've always wanted to meet some other cd moms tho.
Janet4 is offline   Reply With Quote