Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2008, 08:16 PM   #11
IslandHippie
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Ottawa, National Capital Region Moms

I'm in Ottawa too, for now. We're shipping out sooner rather than later.

Don't forget http://www.theclothdiapermarket.com

She's in Barrhaven too (like Jennie from A Mother's Touch) and is a member here on DS! She stocks mostly Canadian-Made and WAHM-made.

Advertisement

IslandHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:11 PM   #12
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Hey - I know I'm not in Canada, but I'm right next door. I live 2 miles from the border & go over the bridge more now that I've made friends

I wanted to share a link for a mom w/a store in Ottawa http://www.clothdiapermarket.com/

Her name is Andrea & she's got a store out of her house - you can make appointments & go over & check things out. I'm jealous of her since I don't have a showroom in my house LOL

HTH someone! And if you guys get together, can I please come? LOL

ETA: I must have missed someone already shared this! Sorry K didn't realize there was another page to this.

Last edited by CMamma; 02-11-2008 at 04:12 PM.
CMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:56 PM   #13
WoWmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontariomama View Post
Hi mamas! I'm just up the 417 about 1/2 way to North Bay.

blueandpurpleskittles - you are the ONLY other person I've seen who uses the Natura detergent from HH!
This tread is a little old... but you must be in Petawawa right? I grew up in Pembroke and currently live in Renfrew... go Ottawa Valley!
WoWmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:07 PM   #14
luvcloth
Registered Users

Hi clothmammas

I'm also in Ottawa (eastern) and after falling in love with cloth diapers with my son I have gone and started my own business. Check out my website if you have a few minutes. My favorite dipes for my son are the DryBees Hybrid and OS bumGenius pocket. For nightime, I think that the Happy Hempy fitted with a So Simple cover rocks!! I've have NEVER had a leak with it EVER! Love it! Also, I can't wait to try the AIO one size organic dipe that bumGenius is coming out with. I'm expecting them in in early June. Should be a great diaper! Nice to meet other clothmammas!

Cheers,
Vicky
luvcloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:57 AM   #15
Isolde
Registered Users

I just moved to Pembroke from Ottawa. I miss it there..I lived there for 4 years but I go where my hubby is posted and he was posted to CFB Petawawa last August. We have our 6 mos DD and I am totally ADDICTED to CDing!

Last edited by Isolde; 06-17-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Isolde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #16
Isolde
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcloth View Post
Hi clothmammas

I'm also in Ottawa (eastern) and after falling in love with cloth diapers with my son I have gone and started my own business. Check out my website if you have a few minutes. My favorite dipes for my son are the DryBees Hybrid and OS bumGenius pocket. For nightime, I think that the Happy Hempy fitted with a So Simple cover rocks!! I've have NEVER had a leak with it EVER! Love it! Also, I can't wait to try the AIO one size organic dipe that bumGenius is coming out with. I'm expecting them in in early June. Should be a great diaper! Nice to meet other clothmammas!

Cheers,
Vicky
Hahah I just bought from you last week!!! I wanna try some fitted any particular you recommend.

Hey does anyone know how to lanolize wool? I have an Aristrocats wool and I'm not sure what lanolin to use?
Isolde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:52 AM   #17
abirdd
Registered Users
seller

Just thought I would chime in and mention we're out in Almonte... so nice to see such a large list of Ottawa mama's!!
Old 06-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #18
elabela
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom View Post
Hi all! I am not living in the Ottawa area now but grew up in Morrisburg (take Bank Street south until you hit the St. Lawrence river). I will be back home for our family reunion this spring and am wondering if there are any B&M cloth diapering stores in the area I need to check out!
Curious as to who you are as I grew up in the 'burg too! Just moved to the city with my hubby. We are now right near Greenbank/Pinecrest. No kids yet, but planning to adopt in a few years once we have more saved!
Old 06-29-2008, 03:04 PM   #19
spearso
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey does anyone know how to lanolize wool? I have an Aristrocats wool and I'm not sure what lanolin to use?
Did you use PureLan or Lansinoh while breastfeeding? You can use that. Add a pea-sized dollop to a small container with a lid (like a baby food jar), fill it about half full with boiling water, put the lid on, and shake it (to melt the lanolin). Put your wool soaker in enough lukewarm water to cover it, and mix the melted lanolin in with the water, and let your cover soak, let the water out, then let the cover air-dry. I've also heard of ppl rubbing the lanolin into their hands (like all over your hands), and patting down the cover.

cheers,
susie
spearso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:37 PM   #20
Ontariomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolde View Post
Hahah I just bought from you last week!!! I wanna try some fitted any particular you recommend.

Howdy neighbour! Dh and I have been in Pet for 7 years now - yippee skippy! lol

If you ever have any CD questions (like the wool one), give me a call (number on my site contact me page) and I'd be glad to help out.

I've got some wool wash and lanolin spray if you want to borrow it. My ds is out of diapers, so I only use it now for what I make.