Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #11
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Re: Did anyone NOT find out they were having twins until LATE pregnancy or delivery?

Oops, I missed this thread, too.
Mine we found out at 21-ish weeks at our usual first u/s. Ben had said he had impregnated me with twins the night I got pg, interestingly enough. Also at my 12 week appt. I thought I had heard two heartbeats but figured my doc knew what he was doing and was just hearing my own heartbeat or something.
At 16 weeks I asked a doc for an u/s because I felt kinda big for 16 weeks and I had had the twin dream. It wasn't my usual doc and he just said "Oh everyone has those dreams" and that I didn't need an early u/s.
Even the u/s tech stared at my tummy weird 'cause she thought it was so big and when she put the thingy on there she said "Oh yeah, I thought so..."
I hate that doctor now LOL
So yeah, we found out later but it seemed like I had known for a long time by the time they came.

Advertisement

Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:25 PM   #12
mom2my3monkeys
Registered Users
Formerly: kwasiborski
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did anyone NOT find out they were having twins until LATE pregnancy or delivery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFabMama View Post
Heh. I bet your Dr. felt like a tool. Did he say anything to you about him being wrong?
Nope... I couldn't wait to see him the following week and say "I told you so!" but he acted like it was no big deal that I knew. He's not one to admit that the doctor isn't always right if you know what I mean...

Please visit my Etsy Shops!
mom2my3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:33 PM   #13
geez0pete
Registered Users
Formerly: sm***ff

My Mood:

I did find out early on about my twins, however, I'm convinced that I would NOT have figured it out on my own (well, maybe my own hugeness would've clued me in at some point). The babies moved just like a singleton IMO. I have never had that pregnancy intuition...EVER! I was sure my first two were boys and I was wrong.

geez0pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:34 PM   #14
geez0pete
Registered Users
Formerly: sm***ff

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaliff View Post
I did find out early on about my twins, however, I'm convinced that I would NOT have figured it out on my own (well, maybe my own hugeness would've clued me in at some point). The babies moved just like a singleton IMO. I have never had that pregnancy intuition...EVER! I was sure my first two were boys and I was wrong.
Oh, and I was the least nauseous with the twins. Go figure!

geez0pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:30 PM   #15
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My MIL gave birth to twins (went to 41 weeks even!) and didn't know it until they were born. Of course back then there were no U/S but the Dr did think he heard more than 1 heartbeat at one point but blew it off as being the baby's and MILs and not twins.
This was also a time when they put women to sleep (not a c-section though) for childbirth and when she woke up she asked for her baby. Boy was she surprised when they handed her 2!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #16
momto2ks
Registered Users

Good question, I've been wondering this myself. I had a twin dream the other night! Kind of freaked me out. This guy (not a doc) came into my bedroom and told me that he had something to tell me and my friend (also pg in my dream, but not irl) about our ultrasounds. I said, we already know she (my friend) is having twins (she has 3 year old twins). The guy said, yeah but you are too! Huh. Then I woke up. I can't imagine it means anything but I never had any dreams like that with either of the boys. Well, except that they would have a head full of hair when they were born, which they did. I had an early ultrasound at 8wks that showed only one babe. But I've heard that one can be hiding. Has anyone had that happen? Where you had an early ultrasound that showed only one baby but the twin was just hiding and you found out later?
(This whole thought is insane, really. There is NO WAY I'm having twins. I don't think I could handle four kids!)
Tori : Wife to Kregg (6.14.03) and SAHM to Kyle (3.15.05) , Kolin (1.22.07) , and #3 coming in July '08
momto2ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #17
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

I had an u/s sound at 8 weeks and I didn't find out until 19 weeks that I was having twins. If they hadn't done the u/s I never would have known. I just didn't suspect twins but I did have all the "signs". The day I found I was going to ask why I was having so much pressure down there. I had been so sick and the doc just said it was cuz I was older and it was #4. I felt them move at 11 weeks and my husband felt them at 14. I still didn't know. I know, I am clueless about alot of things!! :lol: I didn't actually know what the symptoms were for twins so I didn't suspect. Anyways, my doc was out of town and his partner decided to check the heartbeat with the u/s machine. I kept asking questions because things looked weird and I wanted to know what I was having and then he told me there was a head then a membrane and then a butt. Neither was connnected so I laughed and cryed cuz then I knew it was twins. That doc wouldn't have told me if I hadn't asked so many questions. He wanted my doc to tell me.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #18
soygurl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a good friend who is a twin and her mom thought she was having a big boy, but ended up with 2 tiny girls! I'm not sure about a ultrasound (did they even do them in '85? )
soygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:22 PM   #19
sammy21901
Registered Users
seller

Although we found out about our twins at 12 weeks, I would have never known. I had no idea and no reason to expect anything. I wasn't super sick, my clothes were just barely getting tight then (I attributed that to it being my second pregnancy). I had no intuition, no weird dreams, nothing.
sammy21901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:21 PM   #20
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

My MIL is a twin, and DH's Grandma said she had no idea until she was in labor and they actually did an XRAY (yes, seriously) on her abdomen and they what looked like one baby, with 4 arms. LOL
She said her belly went past her knees, and she had NO idea or inkling it could be more than 1. I said she was crazy. hehe