Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2008, 08:34 PM   #41
JudyD
Registered Users

Re: Did anyone NOT find out they were having twins until LATE pregnancy or delivery?

Hi ladies

Just got incredible news today that I hopped on the computer to research and found this thread.

My News? Twins a boy and a girl.

I'm 33 weeks, using a midwife and birthing center delivery. This is #4 pregnancy and all my deliveries were a snap so I just figured I'd go the midwife route this time since #3 was completely natural with a midwife at a hospital (dr didnt' get there in time) and the baby and I were home in 1 day. My dr didn't check on me or anything I saw him when the m/w was stitching me up after the delivery he missed and he said "Oh we're all done? I'll leave it up to you then." meaning the mw. Then he left...I didn't really like him but had loved that midwife when I had met her early in my pregnancy so it worked out fine.

My current midwife doesn't require a U/S so I wasn't going to get one but decided to go today because I'm kinda big (I'm carrying all my weight in my tummy right in front) and wanted to make sure the baby was healthy thus far and measuring ok and still on track for a September 3rd due date. I really haven't been sick the entire pregnacy, in fact this pregnancy has been my easiest. There was no inidication of 2 heartbeats when my m/w checked. The big difference in this pregnancy is I popped out in front very quick and all at once early in my 2nd trimester, but I really chalked that up to being my 4th pregnancy and my abs just aren't what they used to be.

The babies are right on track one is measuring 4 lbs 10oz and the other is measuring 4lbs 13oz. All measurements were good everything checked on fine on the u/s.

Crazy dreams? I dreamed early on that I was having a boy and a girl. The boy came out about the size of a 10 month old with blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes. The girl came out tiny tiny.

My 3 year old and 5 year old have said all along that there were 2 babies "in there" a boy and a girl. My 17 year old just wants me to quit having babies so you can imagine his reaction today when I told him twins......ah teenagers.

I'm researching vaginal deliveries of twins. I still really want to go natural with my midwife but have to be ready with a back up emergency plan.

This is a huge surprise.

Advertisement

JudyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:47 PM   #42
bunkie
Registered Users

Re: Did anyone NOT find out they were having twins until LATE pregnancy or delivery?

I knew someone that found out it was twins at her 20w gender scan.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #43
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have twins boys myself, but found out at my 9wk dating u/s. I actually had a really easy pregnancy aside from PTL. They were 5 & 6lbs and did really well, just turned 11.

I have a friend who found out at her 20 wk appt and suspected the whole time it was twins. She BARELY was showing though, her uterus is like posterior or something and she has a long torso so she didn't show much until 6-7 mos but she was seriously uncomfortable inside.

Then there was also my neighbor who found out she was having twins at like 32 wks when she gained a whole bunch of weight and her fundal height changed drastically in 2wks. They sent her to the hospital for a scan that showed twins and she went into labor 2wks later at 34wks and had 2 girls, on Leap Day! She actually had previous u/s scans, but appearantly her office had a very low resolution machine from the late 80's or something. LOL Just to see the heart rate or location of the head for delivery more than anything.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:29 PM   #44
RobertsMomma3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't find out until 27 weeks and I was SHOCKED to say the least. I had NO idea, and I was gaining weight at a normal rate. However, after about 29 weeks my body just JUMPED in size LOL.
RobertsMomma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:50 PM   #45
3girlsallnaughty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know this thread is old, but hoping for a few new stories. . .. feeling the same way a lot of these mammas were and jw if anyone had anything new to add

It's a Boy!! Due April 30th!!
3girlsallnaughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #46
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found out at 16 weeks so not late, but I told my mom and dh the night before the U/S I think we are having two. I felt something was up for about 2 weeks prior. It was my first pregnancy. I have been right about the sex of the baby w/ all of mine as well and most I never had an U/S.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:09 AM   #47
3girlsallnaughty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Me too I always just "knew" what my babies were and they were confirmed by U/S, but this pregnancy, I keep feeling boy AND girl, so idk, maybe?? Hasn't happened in my family since my grandpa's twin sisters were born .. . . 8 more days.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #48
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

MIL didn't find out until a little after 20 weeks. She had no idea. She said she couldn't understand why she was putting on so much weight when she wasn't eating much. She went in for an OB appointment and when they said they wanted to do an ultrasound to check for twins, she was shocked.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:18 AM   #49
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi
I have twins boys myself, but found out at my 9wk dating u/s. I actually had a really easy pregnancy aside from PTL. They were 5 & 6lbs and did really well, just turned 11.

I have a friend who found out at her 20 wk appt and suspected the whole time it was twins. She BARELY was showing though, her uterus is like posterior or something and she has a long torso so she didn't show much until 6-7 mos but she was seriously uncomfortable inside.

Then there was also my neighbor who found out she was having twins at like 32 wks when she gained a whole bunch of weight and her fundal height changed drastically in 2wks. They sent her to the hospital for a scan that showed twins and she went into labor 2wks later at 34wks and had 2 girls, on Leap Day! She actually had previous u/s scans, but appearantly her office had a very low resolution machine from the late 80's or something. LOL Just to see the heart rate or location of the head for delivery more than anything.

I already posted on this thread 4 yrs ago! Hahaha!! Talk about a zombie thread!!! LOL
Old 12-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #50
3girlsallnaughty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi View Post
I already posted on this thread 4 yrs ago! Hahaha!! Talk about a zombie thread!!! LOL
Haha. . . I said it was old lol. I found it doing a late preggo twin symptom search on bing and it brought me back to diaperswappers lol.