Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #11
amegrl520
Registered Users
seller

Re: Tracking & Insurance should be Requried on ALL DS Transactions!

ITA with Raven. You would have to include that in your price and then half the time everyone wants a break on the price and you end up eating it.

Advertisement

amegrl520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #12
asianmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis&AbramsMom View Post
Isn't it the buyers responsibility to ask for insurance?
thats what i thought. most people want stuff shipped fast but the cheapest way and i have never had a buy ask for insurance
Amen.
asianmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #13
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis&AbramsMom View Post
Isn't it the buyers responsibility to ask for insurance?
It is. When I buy expensive wraps or large purchases, I pay for insurance. There are a lot of sellers that state that once it is in the hands of the postal service they no longer are responsible. So as a buyer, you are protecting your right to file against the PO if an item is broken or lost in the mail.

I don't think our FSOT rules are going to change. There is a sticky saying as a seller you should protect yourself. That is what DC is all about. If you don't have DC the buyer can say "I never got the item" file through pp and get their money back as well as item in hand. ALWAYS DC!!!!
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #14
WonderMom
Banned
seller

My Mood:

well i was hoping to bring it to peoples attention the importance of delivery confirmation is all. I just start adding dc into my shipments if people dont like the shipping price they can pass. They will know that includes exact shipping and tracking

thanks for the insight mamas
WonderMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:17 PM   #15
greenMImama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have no problem buying the DC# but if the PO doesn't actually scan it which has happened to me a few times then you are paying for absolutely nothing, which is a big ripoff IMO.
I just wish peoplewanted to always buy more so you weren' paying more than $3 to ship 1 diaper ): It stinks, thats why we nee to BST more locally (:

240/2014
greenMImama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #16
Distinctive Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: shandyms
seller

My Mood:

Delivery Confirmation is a MUST, but that's something that covers the sellers butt, so therefore, it should be paid by the seller. If, as a buyer, a seller asked me to pay for delivery confirmation for something I was buying, I'd walk away from the deal.

People do need to know that delivery confirmation is NOT tracking - it will only tell you IF the package has been delivered (and it's definitely not fool-proof, the post office seems to screw this up frequently). A DC number will not tell you WHERE in the postal system the package is. The USPS does not offer package tracking that I know of, and if they did, I'm sure it would be expensive.

Insurance is something that should be paid for and ASKED FOR by the buyer. As a seller, I'm not going to ask a buyer if they want insurance unless it's a high dollar purchase, maybe $75 or more. For selling on DiaperSwappers, I'm not going to pay the fee for insurance - which is $1.65 for up to $50, and $2.05 for $50.01 to $100. Paying for insurance would eat up any of the measly profit I'm making off selling diapers.

I do not think, however, that the Admin of DiaperSwappers should have any requirements for how packages are shipped. They have enough on their hands just trying to keep us free of scam, spam, and p*rn!
Old 01-16-2008, 03:42 PM   #17
thenanny
Banned
seller

My Mood:

ITA dc should be mandatory. I will always just ask for it from now on. I haven't had anything like that happen here, but it's nice to have that security.
thenanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:04 PM   #18
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I wish people would stop propaganding that the rules and policies of paypal do not apply on this site. They do. When you choose to use paypal, you agree to their terms and conditions. Paypal holds a seller responsible for an item until it arrives. If an item is lost, the seller is responsible. Paypal advises sellers to purchase insurance in the event an item is lost or damaged. From their site.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ellers-outside

So really both dc and insurance are up to the seller as it protects them. It's stupid to rely on a buyer to request a service that will protect the seller. If an item is lost, paypal doesn't care if a buyer didn't request insurance. They will still hold the seller responsible. Putting disclaimers in your listings doesn't matter either. You can put that you are not responsible for items once they leave your hands, but paypal will hold you responsible. There is no getting around the rules of paypal. Paypal favors the buyer. And rightfully so IMO. You should get what you pay for. So you can choose as the seller not to buy insurance or dc. But know that you are the one who will responsible for a lost item.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:10 PM   #19
Distinctive Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: shandyms
seller

My Mood:

While I realize that insurance will also help to cover my a** if I sell something, I refuse to pay $1.65 for a diaper that I'm probably selling for $10ppd. I'm willing to take a gamble on the post office actually delivering said diaper - and if something happens that the package never arrives at its final destination in a reasonable amount of time, then, I realize that I will probably have to reimburse the buyer.

If insurance becomes something that the seller is expected to purchase, then I won't sell anymore.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #20
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandyms View Post
While I realize that insurance will also help to cover my a** if I sell something, I refuse to pay $1.65 for a diaper that I'm probably selling for $10ppd. I'm willing to take a gamble on the post office actually delivering said diaper - and if something happens that the package never arrives at its final destination in a reasonable amount of time, then, I realize that I will probably have to reimburse the buyer.

If insurance becomes something that the seller is expected to purchase, then I won't sell anymore.

I don't purchase insurance on every single transaction on here or ebay when I sell. I will take the risk on small transactions. I do insure all transactions over a certain amount. Sellers should insure all items then cannot afford to refund the value of. I do add purchase dc for every single transaction.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote