View Poll Results: What do you use?
Shave? (do you use shaving lotion?) 58 77.33%
A product like nair? (if so which works?) 1 1.33%
Go natural? (how do you deal with shorts?) 11 14.67%
Other? Is there another option besides waxing that really hurts? 5 6.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2006, 10:48 AM   #41
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

Re: Shave; Nair; Nothing; Other?

i use epilady too for my legs. it does kinda hurt but you do get use to. i do it maybe every 6 months as i dont have much hair down there yeah. also i only have to do it from th eknee down cuz the knee up i have very lil hair
for armpits i just shave
for the face i use cream stuff. if my mom is here i use the wax.
dor down there its aunaturale, i hate shaving 'down there; i did it once and NEVER AGAIN !!!! ok too much info there lol

Advertisement

SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:59 AM   #42
IsaMama
Registered Users

I shave only when needed : that means months of winter are a definitive long break. My husband calls me mother nature , but then he doesnt notice when it`s shaved or not ! Why bother then ?
I do hair clipping down there when it gets too long (lol, tmi, I know ). I use my hubby's blade razor, or an Epilady type of machine that is an electric razor or a hair grabber. I prefer electric razor over a blade for the armpits (I`m not too skilled) and once in a while, I`ll give a good go for waxing the legs, especially in the spring after the long winter. lol.

Well, I don`t wear shorts or tank tops : it`s not like I`m shocking anyone.
IsaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:27 PM   #43
cuties02q
Registered Users
seller
seller

I shave and i use a Lush soap instead of shaving cream and since i made the switch i have had super smooth legs cut free
cuties02q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:11 PM   #44
mommypooh
Registered Users

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20 [/URL]

I know someone who got one of these and said it hurt the first time but she only had to use it once a week, and after the first time it is not too bad.

I personally use the Venus, I just splurged and bought a new one recently. I had my original since they came out. I only use bar soap for shaving and I only have to shave to the top of the knees, and then my bikini line. for some reason I have no hair on my thighs. I shave my arm pits everytime I shower and only shave my legs once or twice a week. If I can't see it from a standing postion then no one should be able to see my hair.

I find I only cut myself when I change the blade. after teh first use I am good to go with no cuts. I only change my blade like once every month or two.

Last edited by mommypooh; 05-04-2006 at 08:13 PM.
mommypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #45
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Before DD, I practically had to shave twice a day the hair grew so fast! And I was neurotic about keeping it shaved. After she was born, the hair growth slowed down considerably (thankfully!!!). This winter I almost never shaved... And I rarely shave above my knee anyway. When I went to get an upper leg/bikini wax (my first!) before going to Antigua in Feb, it had been over 2 months since I had shaved my upper legs. The beautician was amazed and said I had almost no hair. Never really paid attention before, but it is very fine and light so it's barely noticeable. Since then, I've shaved even less. I do shave my armpits at least once a week (usually not more...no time with having to get all 3 of us ready to leave every morning for work/daycare), but I forget how often I bother with my lower legs. And to be honest, who's looking at my legs that closely anyway? I'm a frumpy married mom to a toddler...no guy gives a crap what I look like, and since I'm married, I don't need to care if they do. (All DH said is that I need to keep my pits shaven...he didn't mind the legs. )

When I do shave, I use a Venus disposable razor with store brand shaving gel for sensitive skin. When I was pregnant, I used the Intuition razor to save my sanity. I liked it, but it got dull fast and it was expensive buying new blades so often. Otherwise, the regular Venus cuts me (must be a design change because I didn't have problems with the original one) but the disposable version is perfect. No nicks, no cuts, smooth shave. DH's Mach 3 also does well in a pinch.

Last edited by Severine; 05-04-2006 at 08:54 PM.
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:53 PM   #46
raversangel
Banned

i don't shave and i don't wear shorts, never been comfortable with them...i prefer skirts in the summer, or jeans..but here in colorado it never gets too hot
raversangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #47
lovencloth
Registered Users
seller

Location: MN, I have cats, but they don't smoke, and neither do we.

I shave, the poll only let me choose one but I actually use Veet mouse once in a while too because it leaves my skin feeling so nice when I am done and because (sorry if this is tmi) the hair on my legs grows in so many directions that it takes me forever to shave properly, the veet works about 5x's faster for me, I just shave more often and put up with crappy results.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:04 PM   #48
bethkay
Registered Users

My Mood:

Smooth Solutions!

It is laser hair removal and it is AWESOME!! I have only done my underarms, but it is the greatest thing. My underarms were horrid, and now they are nice and smooth. I hope to do my legs one day!

Beth

Last edited by bethkay; 05-04-2006 at 11:06 PM.
bethkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:11 AM   #49
Blessedmommieof3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethkay
Smooth Solutions!

It is laser hair removal and it is AWESOME!! I have only done my underarms, but it is the greatest thing. My underarms were horrid, and now they are nice and smooth. I hope to do my legs one day!

Beth
I'd love to do this to my legs & underarms!! There are no locations near me though - but I'll try to find a similar place.

I prefer smooth legs, but seriously - I shave & they are smooth for all of 5 minutes and then I feel stubble.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:33 AM   #50
bethanyjoy
Registered Users

I use a Venus razor, and Aveeno Extra Moisture body wash as a shaving lotion; I have super sensitive and dry skin, this is the best option I've found yet. Great smooth shave, no irritation.

Like a PP said, shaving is one area you can't be cheap...buy really good razors, shaving product, and change your blade FREQUENTLY. Worth it.