Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
potty chair not the right fit?

I didn't think this would be an issue but I feel it is. I got ds an elmo potty by the first years. it was marking from 20 something dollrs to 7 on clearance at kmart. So good deal right? now that i've been sitting him on it to get him familiar with it, i notice that with his butt pushed all the way to the back of the seat, his 'parts' still kind of squished at the front of the cup part. Almost like the depth from front of chair to back isn't big enough. usually if he just sits on it himself his private area sits barely in front of the cup and if he were to pee he'd obviously miss. So then I keep scooting him back and I have to manually point the aimer down. I don't think it should be that much work yet I don't want to buy another chair. I have a boone in the trunk i got from goodwill but it needs another cup...got it at goodwill and that's how it came.

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
pigletmsu
Registered Users

Re: potty chair not the right fit?

We had the same problem with my DS. Those potties are made for girls. I bought this one http://www.dmart2000.com/lupetr.html and that's when I realized that it wasn't my imagination as THIS seat fit DS just fine as it's an oval bowl and the majority of seats come with a circle bowl. I'd look around and find one with an elongated oval bowl to fit your DS. With the small one we got, DS had to scootch all the way back to pee and then he couldn't poo. To poo, he would end up peeing on the floor.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

We just went through the same thing!! We got this one for DS at Babies R Us and it was only $20. It fits him great and we don't have to worry about pee on the floor!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2970278
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #4
NessaL_07
Registered Users

My Mood:

dd picked this one out all by herself, We had a dora one, she loves dora, but it seemed to small for her, she has chubby thighs. and she was good at knowing how to bring me her potty in the bowl..yah not great, she spilled it. it also left a ring around her bottom. so we went potty chair shoppin and she picked out the elmo, and it still leaves a ring round her bottom, but least she cant get the bowl out to dump it. Also she cant take it apart to stand on the stool like she did with the dora one. They also have that say one in diego, and if elmo dont work for u, dont buy the diego, it will be worse IMO
Old 01-15-2008, 10:21 PM   #5
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We had a similar problem with one. i think it was a first years, maybe safety first. It was llike he had to sit too far back and the hole to the pot was too small or something. We boguht him a baby bjorn potty and it was absolutely perfect (the real potty, not the little potty). But he recently decided that he wants to use the big toilet, not a little potty. He isn't even close to potty learned yet, but honestly it is so much easier so I don't really mind.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:55 PM   #6
adahsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the Baby Bjorn potty. It is nice and roomy, and the little guard in front is big enough to work, but it is small enough to not bump into the little parts.

Super easy to clean too!
Old 01-16-2008, 12:53 AM   #7
esmejoy
Registered Users
seller

Here's another plug for the Baby Bjorn little potty -- only $10, cute colors, easy to clean -- sensible design all around.

-Esme
esmejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:07 AM   #8
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

this is the one we bought danny and it worked great!
plus the softseat comes off and fits on the big pottychair so when the child is able to use the regular toilet they wont fall in the bowl..lol

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2266240

plus tru always has coupons, we got ours for $14.99 with a coupon
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:13 AM   #9
mommyof3co
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We bought a bunch of diff potties between trying to potty train two boys...it's so much harder to find good ones for boys because the splash guard has to be just right and all that. Don't get one with a removable splash guard..we made that mistake with our first potty lol. They take it off, drop it in the pee, it falls off..it's just a big mess. Then we had safety 1st which had practically no splash guard. Then a Summer (i think that's what it was) again problems with too low of a splash guard. We finally got the Royal Potty..the older version so not sure of the new one??? And it was GREAT!!!! I've also heard good things about the baby bjorn for boys too
Old 01-16-2008, 09:46 AM   #10
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the tips mamas! Good to know not all potties are a OSFA.

I'm looking around at all the sites listed.