Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2008, 09:03 PM   #11
lisad1
Registered Users

Re: Boohoo - return to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoTykesMama View Post
I love the fact that we can talk about this here. I always feel guilty taking about the 1 year mat leave in the other forums because Americans get what, 12 weeks?
Me too!!!
I am due back to work in August but I'll be opening a diaper store online within the next month in an effort to be a WAHM. Before that (or if the store doesn't work out) dh and I were going to work 3 days a week each so we wouldn't need childcare - we can dream right? This year is going by too fast.

Advertisement

lisad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:43 AM   #12
ajk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

to all the mamas going back to work.

I'm going back part-time in June. Time is just flying by and I'm so sad about the whole thing. Finding the right care provider for my little one is turning out to be so difficult though.

I guess we really do have to count our blessing that we do get a full year...12 weeks would be so heartbreaking.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:57 AM   #13
EcoTykesMama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk View Post
to all the mamas going back to work.

I'm going back part-time in June. Time is just flying by and I'm so sad about the whole thing. Finding the right care provider for my little one is turning out to be so difficult though.

I guess we really do have to count our blessing that we do get a full year...12 weeks would be so heartbreaking.
Thanks for the hug. Finding the right care provider is a tough one, especially the first time round. I definitely couldn't imagine only having 12 weeks...
EcoTykesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:04 AM   #14
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You ladies are lucky, I get to go back to work on 2/25. Not even two months after the baby's born We thought that I'd be able to stay at home right after this one was born but the way that the economy is right now, I might have to continue working indefinitely
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:35 PM   #15
ericahex
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm just trying to find work now since maternity leave is ended and I gave up my former job when we moved. Sheesh now I almost wish I hadn't, it's so stressy to try to line up work and a babysitter at the same time, not to mention figuring out bus routes, and we are also adopting another boy right now. Makes my head spin

Life at the Zoo
ericahex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:58 AM   #16
momsandbums
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had to go back early with my first... we just couldnt afford to stay home on what the gov pays you for mat leave! I was really lucky thoug, my dad retired the same time my little one was born, so he became her babysitter... and it worked out good. They are like best friends, and I know she will cherish that relationship later. Doesnt make it any easier to not be home with her though!

As of Feb 29th I am off work for #2. Hopefully I will be able to stay home the full year this time around!
momsandbums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:49 AM   #17
Katicabogar
Registered Users

My Mood:

I hope you do to momsandbums.....it really is a precious time as I'm sure you are well aware!!
Katicabogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #18
Deanner03
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
seller

My Mood:

I hear ya mamas! I'm an American now living in Canada. I still work in the US. I had to go back at 8 weeks pp. I would have like to have stayed home longer, but now it's ok! I miss my babies (ok, my 3 yo is not a baby, but to me he is!), but am glad to be in the land of adults sometimes, too!