Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2008, 11:56 PM   #11
kalebnlillismomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool or Fleece?

I LOVE wool! I love it for it's antibacterial properties, plus it's SO darn CUTE!

I do use fleece during the day though, and you can find some cute covers out there. I also love that I can use DD's fleece pants as well.

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2008, 12:27 AM   #12
summersonshine0407
Registered Users
seller

I use both. When I started out I mainly used fleece as it was less "scary". Fleece is super easy to care for--just throw it in the wash! Then I got some wool and fell in love. After awhile caring for wool seems like no big deal--and it's fun picking out different scents for wool wash etc.

Overall, I prefer wool, it just feels soft and nice. I like the antibacterial qualities and the naturalness of it. There are so many cool things to learn about wool--I didn't know it was slightly fire retardant like a PP mentioned!

Again, though, fleece is super easy and cheap. Gotta love the Old Navy pants thrown on over a fitted!
Old 01-17-2008, 01:31 AM   #13
lissa2061
Knitting fool

My Mood:

I never thought to use plain old fleece pants as a cover. I love wool because it is so fun to knit them up for my boys. I am not going to tell my hubbie about the fleece pants so that I have an excuse to have a nice wool yarn stash.
Mommy to Evan 4 (heart defect and stroke survivor) and Harry 3 (cute as a bug and into everything) knocked up with #3 due in May Adventures of an Awesome (Sometimes) Mother
lissa2061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:21 AM   #14
starstruck444
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone, I think I will try fleece first. I am slightly allergic to wool so I am not sure if I could handle it w\out breaking out in a rash.

Rebecca
starstruck444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:23 AM   #15
ThatLinGirl
Registered Users
seller

I prefer wool. It is naturally anti-bacterial and you can use it many times without needing to wash it, where fleece that gets wet with pee will tend to smell and need to be washed. Wool is also stretchier and looks better w/ time than fleece, IMO.

That said, I have 1 fleece soaker that I do really love.

Lindsay, mama to Caroline Lois (05/28/06) and scrunchy new Kate (12/31/08)
ThatLinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:52 AM   #16
pumpkin
with knickers always in a twist
seller

My Mood:

I use both for the reasons already listed. I am a huge wool pig and buy it preferentially BUT fleece has wonderful qualities like being able to wash it easily and being less pricey. If DD wears her fleece pants to daycare, I am cool with it but her interlock and recycled pants are NOT going out without me. Also, when DD was sick we used fleece because it was easy to wash. Another fleece plus is that many people and little ones have very bad wool/lanolin sensitivities. Also, look how yummy Positively Posh's stuff is (must try soon).

On the wool side it is just so darn yummy. I find the wool I have works better than my fleece--but mind you I am comparing SBish wool and Woollybottoms wool to Old Navy fleece. I have found some fleece (like the kind in my GAD pockets) to be of much better quality. MMMMmm wool.