Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #111
garness
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any NC Mamas?

I just moved to Raleigh area, got here yesterday. would love a PM from any mamas that want to meet. I have two daughters 6 and almost 3. Looking for neighborhood to rent or buy. For now staying at the crossing apartments.

Advertisement

Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #112
*lm*
Registered Users

My Mood:

Camp Lejeune here.
*lm* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #113
musicmom2x
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I swear I posted in here at one point but can't find my post.
There is Sweetbottoms baby boutique in the Fuquay-Varina area for the person who was asking and there is the Womens Wellness center in Chapel Hill and The Red Hen in Carrboro so that is a great place to go for diapers.
I see a lot of Goldsboro mama's here. My husband and I were looking into snatching up one of those crumbling victorians for a reno and I really want to open a diaper shop so it looks like there may be some interest there?
Right now I am in Winston-Salem and I find that many people here are not at all 'green' however they DO love to save money so I was thinking this may be a good place to open a shop. I think the nearest place for miles and miles is in Greensboro and that is just an online shop. Anyone with any info or who would like to correct me feel free to let me know
I have a nutso schedule right now but I still would love to meet up with other CD mamas. I have a 17month old in diapers right now and DH and I are debating the possibility of another wee one after I finish school. So cool to see so many NC mamas
Old 07-07-2011, 01:11 AM   #114
Chickpea's Mama
Registered Users
seller

Hi ladies. DH and I are from NC but live overseas now. We're headed back to the U.S. in a few weeks to give birth to our daughter in November and we'll be Stateside until January. Giving birth in Charlotte (w/DH's parents) but staying in Jacksonville (w/my parents) for an extended period of time also.
Chickpea's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #115
PurrOnYou
Registered Users
seller

MusicMom: I'm in New Bern about 1-1.5hrs away and the only brands I have access to in a retail store are FB's or Gdipes neither of which interest me. I would travel to Goldsboro for a cloth diaper store. I think there's one in Cary, but I could be wrong. That's a little TOO far for my gas budget right now. KWIM?
PurrOnYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #116
DarcyJ
Registered Users

We are about to leave Goldsboro for California, but I would have been interested if not. I have met a few moms since my DD outgrew dipes who have started cloth diapering and there are several who sell them privately (like Pampered Chef/Mary Kay type businesses).
Old 09-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #117
PurrOnYou
Registered Users
seller

Huh. I hadn't heard of that. I guess I didn't think of that either. Goldsboro (like Jacksonville, New Bern, Havelock, etc) are full of military families so I would highly advise a website to be able to get your name out. Seems common sense but I'd say only a handful of local businesses here have regularly updated websites.
PurrOnYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #118
JulieAnne3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Goldsboro here!! There is a cloth diaper store in Cary and Fayetteville now. Both are SweetBottoms Baby Boutique!

How are you ladies doing?
Old 11-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #119
DarcyJ
Registered Users

Just left the boro for CA. It's not the CA you think though. We're in the desert and it sucks. I think there are some CD stores close by here though. And, the next biggest city (30-45 mins) has a service as well.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:37 PM   #120
Mommy2Monsters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So there is a lady, met on Facebook. She is stationed at Cherry Point in Havelock. She had mentioned on her FB page about doing tutorials on cloth diapers. Brands, types, lingo, ect. I was going to email her and offer up my place if I could round up enough ladies to come! It would be a great way/excuse to get together and meet more local CDing mamas! I live in James City (right in the middle of New Bern, Bridgeton, and Havelock). If y'all would be intrested in something like this, please let me know!!!
SAHM to CA (3/2006) LA (11/2007), LE VBA2C (8/2011) and due 12/8 with #4
Mommy2Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote