Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
normajean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Red face Phooey Stretch Marks

I realize that they are genetic and there isn't a darn thing I could do about them, but it's so painful to see them pop up and get so dag on pink

I had my belly button peirced when I was younger and it's gotten huge this time like a spider web. This is my third pregnancy and it just keeps getting better.

Delivery day is soon coming! Hooray!

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Re: Phooey Stretch Marks

I know what you mean. I still put junk on them! LOL It makes me feel better.

Luckily, I don't get any on my stomach. I get them on my legs, and hips. Bah!
Old 03-08-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
normajean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my stomach is slippery than a water slide LOL I use vasoline, Vit E lotion, and gold bond for the itching. I've even stained a couple of hubbys wife-beater shirts Hahaa
Old 03-09-2008, 07:08 AM   #4
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by normajean View Post
Oh my stomach is slippery than a water slide LOL I use vasoline, Vit E lotion, and gold bond for the itching. I've even stained a couple of hubbys wife-beater shirts Hahaa
LOL I have stained some of my DH's clothing (white shirts) also... LOL... I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.. No stretch marks here.. But honestly I do beleive its all genetic.. My mother had no stretch marks after having us 3 girls.... My being the largest... LOL 9lb baby.. And she was 100lbs pregnant, so you would have expected her to get stretch marks being soo small.. but none.. I'm grateful for good genetics.. cuase I love wearing 2 piece bathing suits LOL
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:21 PM   #5
tmfletch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by normajean View Post
I wear my DH's wife-beater shirts while I'm preggo too! For some reason it is one of the only things I find comfy to sleep in.

Oh and as far as stretch marks- I have a feeling I am going to get more with this pregnancy than I did with DD (I only got 4 small ones on my hips with DD). This boy seems to be much bigger than her. Ugh.......
tmfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #6
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used all that crap when I was preggo with dd. It did NOT help! This time around I don't really care because the damage has been done.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #7
waa510
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh..stretch marks s$ck! I never got any on my belly...just my butt. Allll over my butt...it looked like I got attacked by a wild animal back there for the longest time! I finally got them to fade by using Bio-Oil and Lubriderm. But I'm sure they're on their way back once again...
Old 03-09-2008, 04:15 PM   #8
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a tattoo of a flower on my belly, and it was the first thing to stretch. So now one part of the flower is a whole lot wider than the rest . I say it bloomed.

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:39 PM   #9
dragynflye
Banned

My Mood:

*knock on wood* so far, mine haven't been too bad. i've got a few small ones on my hips, and some little ones on the underside of my tummy. i didn't even know those ones where there until my hubby mentioned them! i have to lean alllll the way back and kinda lift my tummy some so i can see them in the mirror! i have this awsome lotion (forget what it's called.... palmer's, i think?) that may not do too much, but smells sooooo good! i swear, it smells like chocolate cake! makes me wanna lick my belly!
dragynflye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:08 PM   #10
amberlina
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ive heard some people say they are genetic, but then i have friends who have had babies and gotten huge and not gotten any though they have plenty of family members who had babies and got them. i prefer to attempt not to, because im definately a 2 piece bathing suiter. my coworker told me to get a little bottle of pure vitamin E oil and lather with that instead of the traditional coco butter all the time. you can get it at walmart cheapest, for between 3 and 4 bucks (at the grocery store its like $10)... its about 2 ounces and it goes a LONG way. she swears by it...

Last edited by amberlina; 03-09-2008 at 08:09 PM.
amberlina is offline   Reply With Quote