Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2008, 08:11 AM   #11
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Re: Post Pictures of your Baby-to-be's Stash!

Katherine your stash is beautiful. Just looking at it makes me want to buy some prefolds to try. Where did you find such neat looking cotton to embellish them? Did you use dylon cold water dye? For newborn do you usually just trifold in a cover?

Advertisement

Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:20 AM   #12
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawheid View Post
Katherine your stash is beautiful. Just looking at it makes me want to buy some prefolds to try. Where did you find such neat looking cotton to embellish them? Did you use dylon cold water dye? For newborn do you usually just trifold in a cover?
I can't get my dye that dark with I use dylon....what do you use
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:45 AM   #13
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawheid View Post
Thanks! DD and I worked really hard on it.

The fabric for embellishment came from joann's - I just kept going back and snatching up half-yards of cute stuff.

As for the dye - some is dylon and some is MX procion fiber reactive dyes - I just did some research online and found recipes for making dyes at different shades - light, medium, and dark, and always used the dark ratios of amount of dye and salt and washing soda. The fiber reactive dyes work much better than dylon. I also strictly stay to the amount of fabric by weight to dye for each bath, which makes the colors darker. I dye them in small water baths in the sink and stir, stir, stir - dd likes to help with that part. When I dye, I take over the kitchen for days at a time. I don't use the washing machine to dye, b/c that gets lighter colors. And I only use each dye bath once - fabrics come out really light when you re-use dye baths.

Here - this is what I go by:
http://www.prochemical.com/directions/MX_Immersion.htm

Last time w/ dd I trifolded pf's in a cover, but this time I'll be pinning and going coverless a lot, b/c they're just too cute to cover very much. Of course, that's going to very much depend on the amount of and explosive quality of the poo.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:08 AM   #14
2sweetboys
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't have pics of all the wool I've been knitting up yet, but here is a pic of most of her stash all folded and ready to be put away.

Here's the wipes:

And here's the stash:

What's in the stash....(it wasn't until I fold all this that I realized exactly how much I had...yikes!)

4 dozen preemie prefolds
4 dozen infant prefolds
4 Blueberry newborn fitteds
2 sm fattycakes fitteds
6 xs Sandy's fitteds
1 xs Hillbilly Bunny fitted
1 Bijou Baby Gear fitted
1 Sugar Plum Baby fitted
2 sm cotton Thirsties fitteds
11 xs Fuzzi Bunz
1 made by me pocket
1 sm Berry Plush AIO
3 My Precious Baby by April covers
2 xs Thirsties covers
2 Swaddlebees ABC wraps
1 Blueberry minky wrap

I really need to get pics of all her woolies....I think I probably need the reality check.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:10 PM   #15
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
Okay, just remember - you asked for it! I posted these a bit ago in diaper chatter, but can't resist showing them off again.

The Closet: *we had just cleaned it out and I wanted to make sure dh didn't slowly start taking the space back over*

Preemie prefolds (all dyed by me in 10 shades)

Infant prefolds (all dyed by me in 13 shades and embellished in 11 dif fabrics by me)

Bamboo velour prefolds, made by me - the natural colored ones are infant shorts, the dyed ones are regular infants.

Haute Pockets - we have a total of 24, some were missing b/c dd had used them for night time. These are leftovers from dd's stash before she pl'd.

Mother ease one-size - the natural colored one is organic, the rest I dyed.

6 newborn fitteds: three nanipoos and three old-style small dream-eze

6 more newborn fitteds - these are wahm made - sweet dream diapers (?)

Pretty XS covers: three thirsties, two essential saltes baby

Plain covers: 5 nb proraps and four dappi pull-up nylon pants

All-in-ones: 6 sb pocket fitteds - got these in a close out and didn't get to choose the colors, if the baby is a girl, I'll probably be looking to trade some for more girly colors.

Not pictured:
3 nb fleece covers I made
9 small fleece covers I made
1 pair wool longies I couldn't part with even after dh decreed there would be no wool for this baby.

I know it looks huge, but I started collecting almost a year ago, when I knew we would ttc sometime in the near future. I got all the prefolds in coops or from great deals here -some were very abused and needed a lot of cleaning up. The fitteds I got from trades or dead cheap locally. The covers were also from really good deals on lots and have been cleaned up. The haute pockets I got as seconds or in trades and all I did for them was buy them as dd needed to size up from her mediums, then resist the urge to sell them after she pl'd. They'll be our daycare dipes.

Really - this is overkill - I think I was trying to compensate for the fact that with dd, we had 0$ and bought the stupidest, cheapest dipes ever and had a terrible first year of cd'ing - I wanted to prevent that at all costs this time. Then, I decided I wanted to learn how to dye and sew, and dd decided she liked helping with those things, and it went from there.
I was drooling and hoping you were due a few weeks before me so I could scream dibs in the DE velours

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:12 PM   #16
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Don't have pics, it's pretty boring...24 preemie pfs, 24 gmd nb prefolds (all natural color) 2 xs vb aios, 8 nb nana bottom aios. That's it! I have one xs thirsties cover, one nb stac, two small thirsties covers, one nb litewrap, 3 preemie proraps.
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #17
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sweetboys View Post
I don't have pics of all the wool I've been knitting up yet, but here is a pic of most of her stash all folded and ready to be put away.

Here's the wipes:

And here's the stash:

What's in the stash....(it wasn't until I fold all this that I realized exactly how much I had...yikes!)

4 dozen preemie prefolds
4 dozen infant prefolds
4 Blueberry newborn fitteds
2 sm fattycakes fitteds
6 xs Sandy's fitteds
1 xs Hillbilly Bunny fitted
1 Bijou Baby Gear fitted
1 Sugar Plum Baby fitted
2 sm cotton Thirsties fitteds
11 xs Fuzzi Bunz
1 made by me pocket
1 sm Berry Plush AIO
3 My Precious Baby by April covers
2 xs Thirsties covers
2 Swaddlebees ABC wraps
1 Blueberry minky wrap

I really need to get pics of all her woolies....I think I probably need the reality check.
you are due before me keep me in mind when you go to sell

Old 01-20-2008, 12:32 PM   #18
~happy2Bamommy~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverDrakesMomma View Post
I don't have pictures of the clothing but I have everything we need for little man for 0-3 and almost everything we need for 3-6 0-3 has been washed and folded and put into the drawers. We have everything ready for him to come except for a carseat which his great grandmother said she's buying...

Here are pics of his diaper stash though

Picture of the dipes in their storage container

Covers on the left and fitteds on the 2nd two rows. A few of each have been bought since and not pictured.

Pockets and prefolds

More prefolds
Cool prints on your covers

Old 01-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #19
melissalaurel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My newborn/small stash is itty bitty compared to everyone else's. It will be in use in 5 days

Fitteds
(4 Mutts, 4 KL0's, 1 PW)

Prefolds
(3 doz infant, 2 1/2 dozen preemie, 1 Parvani Style)

Pockets
(6 SB, 2 GAD)

PUL Covers
(3 Thirsties, 2 BSWW, 3 BB minkee)
a red one is missing from this pic

Wool/Fleece Covers
(Quintessential Baby, 2 Rainbow Waters, 2 Babyology, 1 WAHM, 1 DCU fleece)

mom to 5 boys and expecting a GIRL in January.
Melissa Laurel Fiber Artist
Ravelry profile: melissalaurel
melissalaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:19 PM   #20
~happy2Bamommy~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaurel View Post
My newborn/small stash is itty bitty compared to everyone else's. It will be in use in 5 days

Fitteds
(4 Mutts, 4 KL0's, 1 PW)

Prefolds
(3 doz infant, 2 1/2 dozen preemie, 1 Parvani Style)

Pockets
(6 SB, 2 GAD)

PUL Covers
(3 Thirsties, 2 BSWW, 3 BB minkee)
a red one is missing from this pic

Wool/Fleece Covers
(Quintessential Baby, 2 Rainbow Waters, 2 Babyology, 1 WAHM, 1 DCU fleece)

Awwwww~ beautiful fluff mama!!