Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Nighttime Help with 7 month Old-Sleeping--Burping

You would think with feeding 3 older siblings I would not need any help!! These LO's are all so different!!!

DS had been sleeping through the night from around 6weeks until about 2 months ago. He wakes up several times a night either to get out a burp or to eat. I finally started putting him in bed with me at night because I was too tired to keep getting up. I thought maybe he would sleep better that way. He still wakes up a ton. I am such a zombie during the day and need to get this baby sleeping better at night. He seems to need to burp a lot and it takes a great effort to get it out.

What do you all do with your LO's to get them to sleep?? Any tips for burping?? Please give me some thoughts on what you do. I cannot let him cry it out. I don't mind nursing him during the night--but he is waking about every 30 minutes. He goes to sleep around 830 and will sleep for maybe andhour straight and then it is up and down every 20-30 minutes until around 230. He will nurse once again then he will sleep until 5, nurse and then back to sleep until 7. I don't mind having him in bed with me or not. I just need to get this worked on so we are both getting more sleep.

He is not a good napper during the day either. He will only sleep if I am holding him. If I lay him down and by chance he stays asleep--he will wake up within a few minutes. I go to get him and he lets out a huge burp. He will not go back to sleep. This is after I have held him and have tried to get his burp out knowing that it will wake him up if I lay him down.

Advertisement

nicolehedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:04 AM   #2
hollydlr
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nighttime Help with 7 month Old-Sleeping--Burping

For the burping you could try giving him Gripe Water before bed...or gas drops...

My 7 mth old is a terrible sleeper too, so maybe its just an age thing? Sorry I know that doesn't help, but I'm a zombie too!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:28 AM   #3
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

It just helps knowing we aren't alone.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:20 AM   #4
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Anybody else???

Old 01-22-2008, 10:37 AM   #5
Jujubazooka
Registered Users

My Mood:

I found the Gripe Water was a live saver for me and ds. Your LO may be getting ready for a growth spurt hence more nursing.

Do you get up yo nurse your LO at night? I found that mastering nursing while laying down was the only way I could get some decent sleep. Ds would latch and I would fall back asleep. When he was finished, so would he. When he woke up to feed again, I just flip over him, latch and fall back asleep. I serously don't think I would have made it through if I hadn't learn how to nurse laying down.

It is awful not getting enough sleep. Especially when you have other children.
Lake Jewels Etsy Store
Jujubazooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:13 AM   #6
AmyCivic80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you found that he has been crying when he lets out a burp? I know that my daughter used to get herself so overtired and start crying like crazy (even if I was holding her) and she would swallow a lot of air when she was crying. Because of this she would always seem to have to burp after a crying spell. I orginally thought that she was crying because she felt the need to burp, but then I realized it was the other way around.
Amy, wife to Greg and proud mommy to Cailin Avery (5/6/07), Kylie Elise (12/20/08), and baby #3 (due 10/11/11).
AmyCivic80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #7
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I am going to have to check into the gripe water. Is it something OTC or can you make it on your own?? I am not at all familiar with it. I do nurse him while laying down with him. That has helped a lot--he still wake sup so much though.

I think the burp thing goes both ways with him. Sometimes he falls asleep before I can get him to burp--while nursing. Then other times he has to burp because he cries so much.

I am not sure really if there are any answers here for me. It just may be something I have to live through and know it will come to an end someday. He can't wake up so much forever.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #8
AmyCivic80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolehedges View Post
I am going to have to check into the gripe water. Is it something OTC or can you make it on your own?? I am not at all familiar with it. I do nurse him while laying down with him. That has helped a lot--he still wake sup so much though.

I think the burp thing goes both ways with him. Sometimes he falls asleep before I can get him to burp--while nursing. Then other times he has to burp because he cries so much.

I am not sure really if there are any answers here for me. It just may be something I have to live through and know it will come to an end someday. He can't wake up so much forever.
Hahaha, those are words that I have come to live by!
Amy, wife to Greg and proud mommy to Cailin Avery (5/6/07), Kylie Elise (12/20/08), and baby #3 (due 10/11/11).
AmyCivic80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:07 PM   #9
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

It just helps knowing I am not alone!!!

Old 01-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #10
mamaof10
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolehedges View Post
You would think with feeding 3 older siblings I would not need any help!! These LO's are all so different!!!

DS had been sleeping through the night from around 6weeks until about 2 months ago. He wakes up several times a night either to get out a burp or to eat. I finally started putting him in bed with me at night because I was too tired to keep getting up. I thought maybe he would sleep better that way. He still wakes up a ton. I am such a zombie during the day and need to get this baby sleeping better at night. He seems to need to burp a lot and it takes a great effort to get it out.

What do you all do with your LO's to get them to sleep?? Any tips for burping?? Please give me some thoughts on what you do. I cannot let him cry it out. I don't mind nursing him during the night--but he is waking about every 30 minutes. He goes to sleep around 830 and will sleep for maybe andhour straight and then it is up and down every 20-30 minutes until around 230. He will nurse once again then he will sleep until 5, nurse and then back to sleep until 7. I don't mind having him in bed with me or not. I just need to get this worked on so we are both getting more sleep.

He is not a good napper during the day either. He will only sleep if I am holding him. If I lay him down and by chance he stays asleep--he will wake up within a few minutes. I go to get him and he lets out a huge burp. He will not go back to sleep. This is after I have held him and have tried to get his burp out knowing that it will wake him up if I lay him down.

you just described Konner to a T. no advice, I am glad I can function on very little-no sleep...DH is napping right now
AND Karlee (21 mos), AND Jessika Dawn 7-6-11!
mamaof10 is offline   Reply With Quote