Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #111
missjennabelle
Registered Users

Re: Maine mommas . . .

Hi So are you from central maine (augusta/wtvl area), or the portland area? I gave birth at Midcoast in Brunswick and LOVED it. I'll be having my next baby (whenever that may be) in Portland at Maine Med, 'cause Midcoast has a VBAC ban. But MCH has two midwives on staff who are both WONDERFUL women.

EDIT: Alright, I just saw the post above your most recent one, and now I know where you live. D'oh! Haha. If it helps, even though MCH is a good ways away from you, I gave birth there when I lived in Lewiston. I liked it THAT much.

Advertisement

Last edited by missjennabelle; 02-24-2010 at 05:17 PM.
missjennabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #112
trish101
Registered Users

Heidi- I'm in Auburn too- I gave birth at CMMC two and a half years ago. At the time I wasn't into anything natural so I'm not sure how it would have been if that was what I had wanted. I ended up being induced 21 days early for high blood pressure and it was anything but a natural experience.

I have a lot of friends who have given birth at both places and out of the six or seven people I know, it seems that the ones at St. Mary's had much more relaxed, natural births. Two of my friends ended up with Csections at CMMC. Several of my friends who went with St. Mary's wanted to be induced and were told no.

That being said, it could be just their individual circumstances and have nothing to do with the hospitals themselves. If I were to do a hospital birth again though, I'd choose St. Marys. I had a lot of problems with Central Maine Ob/Gyn the practice my doc was with. I'm not sure about the midwives section, but I would not recommend their practice to anyone on the doctor side.

Good luck in your decision :-)
Trisha
trish101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:32 AM   #113
TinkerPlink
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you, Trisha! Very informative, and helpful. I was leaning towards St. Mary's because I had a feeling it would be more along what I am looking for, but really had no idea. And I am definitely going to go with a midwife, I had one with my first and loved it. I have no desire for a doctor, the idea of all the interventions that are often used scare me.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #114
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so excited! My husband just found out he got a contract at the shipyard up there. So We'll be up in Brunswick by mid-April!
Old 03-11-2010, 09:42 AM   #115
jessnye
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone! I'm in Stoneham, near Fryeburg. I have an almost 2 year old and a 3 month old in cd's. And a potty trained 10 year old, haha. If anyone near me wants to meet up, pm me! I've searched this thread and pm'd a bunch of mamas near me too.

Last edited by jessnye; 03-11-2010 at 09:56 AM.
jessnye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #116
AprilandtheKids
Registered Users

Hello, I'm new to the group and area. We moved to Waterville from NC about a month ago. I buy my CDs. I'm bummed not having anywhere around here, I had 2 places within 10 miles back home that I could go for a quick fix. We have 2 kiddos, 5 yr old ds and a nearly 14 month old dd.
AprilandtheKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #117
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilandtheKids View Post
Hello, I'm new to the group and area. We moved to Waterville from NC about a month ago. I buy my CDs. I'm bummed not having anywhere around here, I had 2 places within 10 miles back home that I could go for a quick fix. We have 2 kiddos, 5 yr old ds and a nearly 14 month old dd.
April, I'm not terribly far from you. I'm in Bingham, which is 45 miles north of Waterville. I head to waterville now and then to shop or for appointments, also, my in-laws live near there (Albion). My dd is almost 9 mo.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:00 AM   #118
mamadragona
Registered Users

going to crash. for a sec in hopes that someone can help...

I just want some diaper pins! LOL.. Anyone know where I can get some? Online they want $5 to ship a .75 diaper pin. I have some OBV PFs & fitteds that aren't going to snappi very well. I am in Ellsworth area.
mamadragona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:00 AM   #119
sonjag
Registered Users

Hey there, I'm in the Bangor area. I'm new to this site, and to cloth diapering. I bought all ours, some from the big brands and some from a website by a mom who makes them herself.
sonjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #120
ilovejooci
Registered Users
seller

hi girls.. i live in brewer. and always looking for mamas to meet up for play dates and coffee or something!

and april, there is a store in skowhegan called the blueberry cupboard that sells cloth dipes. they have fuzzibunz, thirsties, and a few other things. lots of wetbags and swim dipes, too. the woman that runs it is super nice.
looking for something special? check Woolgathering
ilovejooci is offline   Reply With Quote