Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2006, 04:18 AM   #1
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
IBS?

I am 99% sure i have IBS and there are no holistc drs (is that what they are called LOL) in this area....I have heard peppermint oil can be good for stomachs. I get bloated no matter what i eat and when im stressed i get the runs soo bad (sorry for TMI) are their any natural things i can do first before going to a dr who will just give me meds???? I have been drinking lots of water lately and its helping but also my stress level is going down too.....i still get bloated though and i hate it bc i bloat and hurt and then its hard for me to wear cadence! Its not my gallbladder BTW they said it was last year and i had one gallstone so they removed it and im still having the same problems....

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
Taowensf
Registered Users
seller

Re: IBS?

You can try a hypoallergenic elimination diet and then add things gradually back in because often it's like an allergic reaction. I'm pretty sure I have it too, and many of my favorite foods are allergenic culprits (dairy, tomatoes, corn, to name a few). I was told my a Dr. that there is no SURE way to know if you have IBS, even with the tests they just basically rule everything else out and then you go on meds for the rest of your life. I refuse to do that and hope to start the diet soon.

GL!
Taowensf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:04 PM   #3
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

I can check my alternative med. book and get back to ya I was just reading about this the other day as I have the same issues.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:43 PM   #4
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im thinking i have it too, because i dont want to think of the alternative to what my symptoms are if thats NOT it.. but anyway i do hope you get this figured out and all, i dont want to go on meds, either, of any kind, i just want whats messed up to be back the way it was :sigh: but yeah, anyway, have you gone and looked up all your symtoms and stuff? ive looked it up for about 20 mns athe other day, i was too busy starting with symptoms and then trying to go from there eliminating things it cant be to start with, kwim??

but yeah ill shut up since i dont think im exactly contributing to anything lol!!
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:41 AM   #5
Ama
Registered Users

My Mood:

For years I was sure I had IBS. Just recently I got a yeast infection which has been happening every couple of months. I finally got fed up and did some research and found out that I have Candida which is a yeast overgrowth and can have similar simptoms of IBS and many who THINK they have IBS actually have a Candida overgrowth. I have had a very poor digestive system for as long as I can remember. Almost every night I was bloated and my stomach hurt from gas. Bowel movements were not regular and most of the time needed some help, if you know what I mean (laxitive, enema etc) I tried everything I could think of; food combining, cutting out starches, eating more fruits and veggies, cutting out meat, sugars etc. Nothing worked. Finally, I cam across the raw food diet and decided to try it out (hey, what have I got to lose?). With eating only raw foods and taking ThreeLac and Acidophilus every day I have seen a HUGE change in only a month. I have lost over 10 lbs and my stomach is no longer bloated. I understand that most won't have the will-power to eat only raw foods but if you can add a GOOD DEAL of raw foods to your diet, that is best. Do some research on Candida, you may find that it's the culprit, not IBS.

Hope you find some relief... it is so nice to not have such horrid pains daily (not to mention once a week bowel movements TMI)
Old 10-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #6
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

From what i have read there are three diff types of ibs the one i have is mostly with diarhea(sp?) i can look into the yeast overgrowth.....i dont get yeast infections too often....idk ....but you said you LOST weight with raw foods? thats DEF NOT something i can do lol i only weigh MAYBE 90lbs wet as it is lol....anyone have tips on GAINING wieght and dealing with IBS lol....thanks for the info tho i am gonna look that up
Old 10-02-2006, 05:27 PM   #7
smapple
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was told I had IBS when I was in high school. I had suffered with diarrhea for YEARS before finding out. Basically, I started avoiding (or at least strictly limiting) greasy/fatty foods and basically any foods that can be hard for the body to digest. I limit my dairy products and wheat (thats a TOUGH one) and I have not suffered from IBS in a very LONG time! I've "corrected" it by my diet and trying to just take better care of myself in general. I do not drink soda, do not drink alcohol, do not smoke, and so on... I live a pretty healthy lifestyle.
smapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:35 PM   #8
eapoosmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayncadence View Post
I am 99% sure i have IBS and there are no holistc drs (is that what they are called LOL) in this area....I have heard peppermint oil can be good for stomachs. I get bloated no matter what i eat and when im stressed i get the runs soo bad (sorry for TMI) are their any natural things i can do first before going to a dr who will just give me meds???? I have been drinking lots of water lately and its helping but also my stress level is going down too.....i still get bloated though and i hate it bc i bloat and hurt and then its hard for me to wear cadence! Its not my gallbladder BTW they said it was last year and i had one gallstone so they removed it and im still having the same problems....

Have you been tested for any blood in the stool or has it ever been suggested that you may have any of the other Bowel Disorders?

I did not have IBS - I had UC.

You can usually find additional information at any of the International Chrones and Colitis Foundation Web Sites.

Hope you get some releif.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:18 AM   #9
peverroad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know this post is kinda old but i didn't see it when it started. If i can be any help you might want to research ulsative colitis (i am sure i didn't spell the first word right but is should come up with the correct spelling if you put it in there like that. I found out i had it shortly after having my son. I lost 45lbs in a month because everything would go stright though me. (gained all the weight back thanks to steroids) which are part of the treatment for it. But i thought i had ibs for a while but that is what they decided i had. It can do terable things if you don't get it under control. at one time i had a scare with getting my bowel removed cause it can cause cancer. I don't want to scare you just trying to help cause i don't want you to go with it undianosed and then have major problems with it.
My first simptoms were. Loose stool, several bm a day, stomach pain.
I had days i couldn't leave the house and a few days i really shouldn't have because it was uncontrolable. It only got worse the longer i waited to go to do. Took the doc about a month to diagonse it. Had to get a colonospicy to find out i had it and have to get one every couple years to make sure it isn't getting any worse
peverroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:03 AM   #10
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i forgot about this post lol...i went to the dr friday. he did a stool sample well i have to bring it in ugh for bacteria he said he did it before on me and it was normal but he wants to check again. He also gave me carafate (i think thats the name) pills he said it might help slow things down they are huge i have to take em four times a day and im not happy about putting that crap in my body but i guess i will do it. Also i go for an upper GI on wed......i go back to the dr on the 10th so i will update then