Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
wanamingomommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mastercook software question

Any one have this? I'm considering buying the newest version.
I need to analyze the nutrition of some of my recipes. Does Mastercook 9.0 (or even 8.0) have CALORIES, FAT, DIETARY FIBER listed for nutrition?

I don't want to get it only to learn that I can't calculate my WW points from the nutrition info.

Also, when adding a recipe, is it easy to add ingredients? Can you look up say, "sour cream" and have a bunch of options such as "light", "Daisy", etc...??

And lastly, do you love the software?

Any advice would be great!

I would like to use it for all my scattered recipes. Then just print out my main stays. The recipes we like to eat over and over. I'd also use the software for meal planning and grocery lists. I think that would be a time saver.

Advertisement

wanamingomommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #2
Sarah2000
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mastercook software question

I have an older version, I am not sure which version it is but it has all that information on there. My mom inputs her recipes for the breakdown of the fat, calories, etc.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #3
starbuckmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have the software, but not the newer version. I think mine is 2-3 years old. I am using it to add all my recipes and then I am going to print them off and put them in a 3 ring binder.

As for the nutrition, it does have a tab that you click on after you add your recipe and it shows everything.

For your example of the sour cream. It recognizes the word and it may have "light" but it won't have the brand name.

So far, I like Mastercook. I like that it has it's own database of recipes. It's going to be nice not having a bunch of loose papers, recipe cards and such cluttering up a drawer.

I bought it b/c it wasn't expensive. I think I paid $20 for it. The software I buy is always $20 and under.
starbuckmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
wanamingomommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Right on!

A. I never buy expensive software, except for tax prep.
B. I am soooo tired of my messy recipe cupboard! The loose papers have to go! I've started and stopped binders so many times because the task is just too overwhelming. I, too, am going to type in my recipes and they'll all be in one place. Our most fav's are going to be printed and put in the binder.

Thanks for the opinions, mamas! The software is on it's way to my house now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuckmom View Post
I have the software, but not the newer version. I think mine is 2-3 years old. I am using it to add all my recipes and then I am going to print them off and put them in a 3 ring binder.

As for the nutrition, it does have a tab that you click on after you add your recipe and it shows everything.

For your example of the sour cream. It recognizes the word and it may have "light" but it won't have the brand name.

So far, I like Mastercook. I like that it has it's own database of recipes. It's going to be nice not having a bunch of loose papers, recipe cards and such cluttering up a drawer.

I bought it b/c it wasn't expensive. I think I paid $20 for it. The software I buy is always $20 and under.
wanamingomommy is offline   Reply With Quote