Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2006, 06:27 PM   #11
CDCMama
Banned

Re: any tips for traveling w/ cds?

I had to make a 4 day trip when my son was 2 months old, I refused to put him in sposies cause they give him a rash, I just put the diaper pail (mine is a rubbermaid) in the back of the van and emptied my wetbag into it regularly (I only have one fairly small one) it was fine, we never smelled it!!

Advertisement

CDCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:20 AM   #12
aschrimp
Registered Users

We've traveled twice with cds now, and I always just did a load of laundry at the hotel before coming home (mostly because we needed the clean diapers, but I also found it easier to pack clean diapers than try to muscle around a huge, heavy wet bag).

When we were driving, we kept the wet bag outside the car (on the wheelless trailer, for easy access during diaper change stops - everything in the back of the car was kind of burried) but had it in the hotel at nights, and I didn't do anything special at all - no baking soda or ziplocks or anything, and it didn't smell up the room at all. Maybe ziplocks for poopies (my ds doesn't poop often, so I don't think we had any poopies in there).

But really, in the car, you've got fresh air coming in through the AC constantly. It would have to be REALLY stinky to get gross, esp if it were in the back of the car - I think our car ends up with better air cicrulation than ds's room - lol.

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:16 AM   #13
SoftBumBaby
Registered Users

I wish I'd looked here first! I just made a post elsewhere similar to this one. We're going away for the first time with cloth dipes too. We're going Friday night through either Sunday night or Monday, depending upon how everybody behaves.

I have a big waterproof bag that I put my diapers in usually anyway...so I'll bring that, plus a gajillion cloth dipes. There are no laundry facilities where we're going, so I'll just plan on dumping everything in the washer when we get home. How many dipes and covers do you plan on bringing? I am probably going to overestimate, just in case.

Autism Every Day
SoftBumBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:13 AM   #14
aliks
Registered Users
seller

I'm going on a two week trip next week. I'll be staying at the homes of my family so I will wash there, they don't mind since they cd'd back in the day. I am bringing sports wash since it's a small bottle, and a bottle of tto. I have two moe hanging wetbags, a little basket with clothes pins on it, and a rope to air dry. I also have two little wetbags to use when I'm out and about (going shopping woohoo). My family all has a huge amount of property so I don't need to worry about anyone stealing them when I air dry
aliks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:58 AM   #15
aschrimp
Registered Users

I thought I was overestimating when I planned how many dipes to bring, but I found that because we were travelling, I changed ds whenever we stopped, even if he was just a tiny bit damp, rather than going our standard 2-3 hrs between diaper changes - at home, I change him when he's wet, but not necessarily if he's just barely damp.
But I didn't want him sitting in the carseat on the damp diaper, plus I wasn't sure when we would be stopping again, and didn't want him to be soaked...so I went through more diapers than I otherwise would have.

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote