Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #1
Registered Users
6.5 months and regression

Several weeks ago we were doing great with ec'ing usually only went through two dipes a day and usually one of those would be because I was out of the room for a minute or we were out and not near the potty. Then we went away for christmas and I was less consistent than usual but still took her several times a day. Then when we got back we started to get back on track but no nothing for a week and a half, not one single catch. She used to wait for me to take her to the potty after naps and in the morning, sometimes up to fifteen minutes (I'd assume she already went but take her anyway just in case) now I take her right away and nothing, she already went. It was also taking her longer to go before she stopped all together, she used to pee right away. She was just teething but it's not her first tooth and she wasn't like this for the first one. I feel like she forgot to go potty anymore. I guess I fel kind of bad because I feel like maybe she doesn't trust me to take care of her pottying needs. Also worry a little that she maybe is getting used to wet diaper and doesn't mind or something.

hiding57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: 6.5 months and regression

I could have written this post myself..My 6.5 MO DD just had a potty strike also, exactly like you described.
For 2 weeks I couldn't catch anything! literally! She would get mad at me if I try to potty her or even try to change her diaper.
I just stopped pottying her altogether for one week. and sort of had to start over. She takes longer on her potty now and I have to distract her with toys. I just let her sit there with her toys and hold her up for up to 5 mins when I think she needs to go.
It's been getting better. I think she just was too busy playing with toys and enjoying sitting up by herself to bother with pottying and diapering.
I still can't catch any poop but I think we are getting there.

Babies can definitely feel it if you are frustrated so try to relax and go with the flow. I think if it's getting unpleasant for either of you then it's definitely time for a EC break. Hopefully your LO will get back on the EC wagon soon too..Good luck!!
youmb00 is offline   Reply With Quote