Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2008, 12:33 PM   #1
joanna19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pee City - I think I have a daytime heavy wetter...diaper help needed!

Hi all,

I am curious to know if I have a heavy wetter in the daytime and if my current daytime dipes are doing the job or not. I use two things during the day:

1.I use bv pf's with fleece or wool - bv pf is soaked in 2 hours, covers dry

2. MEOS with stay dry liner -diaper is soaked up to the waistband after naps and about every 2 hours or so, but cover is pretty dry-slightly damp

We currently don't do cloth for nite because I don't have anything that will hold that much pee...i'm workin on it

Anyways is this normal? should the dipe be just drenched up to the waistband normally? Or do i need a different dipe...do all dipes do this and is she normal wetter then?

i just need some confirmation either way right now

please help!

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #2
joanna19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pee City - I think I have a daytime heavy wetter...diaper help needed!

for help
Old 01-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #3
Bright_Life_Toys
Registered Users
Formerly: Jwugrad
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DS is 22 months old, and goes about 2 hours before needing a change. I use TFF though, and they are quite wet by then (but the cover is dry.)

How old is your little one?

From my experience, pfs aren't as absorbent as other dipes.

I wish I could be more help.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #4
luvin4kidz
Registered Users

My Mood:

She doesn't sound like an overly heavy wetter. Most CDs need to be changed at least every couple of hours. I use premium UBPFs and I don't consider my son to be a heavy wetter by any means,but after an hour or two you could ring those things out! Do you use doublers? They can help a lot. Maybe you want to look into a good fitted (not that I know anything about fitteds/never tried one). I'd say as long as your not finding puddles your doing pretty good.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #5
joanna19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

she is 7 months old

perhaps i need to pair a doubler with the stay dry liner in the meos. sounds like it's probably a normal thing.

hey maybe i should use my bv pf's as trifold doublers!!!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #6
greenMImama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanna19 View Post
she is 7 months old

perhaps i need to pair a doubler with the stay dry liner in the meos. sounds like it's probably a normal thing.

hey maybe i should use my bv pf's as trifold doublers!!!!!
Yes great idea, if that is too much bulk just get a few doublers to try, we use doublers a lot! because , well they work great W/O a lot of bulk, I like hemp doublers, or fleece topped ones and put them right next to the skin.

I have a very heavy night wetter, when you do venture into cloth at night, a VBSN has worked quite well topped with a wool cover tha is 2 ply.

240/2014
greenMImama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:57 PM   #7
rileykidmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dd does that with MEOS; we've found that Sandy's (with a doubler) are better, if you still want to stick with ME. With a Sandy's and doubler, she can go 3 hrs and sometimes the dipe is almost soaked, sometimes it's barely damp on the outside (depending on her drinking habits). My dd is medically bladder incontinent, so every drop of urine made by her kidneys goes right through her bladder and out without stopping. We've temporarily stopped night cd'ing (like you have) because we haven't found anything that won't be soaked and cold in the morning! I'm going to try a buckeye bottoms night dipe and then a FB (stuffed to the gills) and see if either of those do the trick. I just need them to get here via fluff mail. Good luck, mama! I feel your frustration .
Old 01-23-2008, 02:46 PM   #8
joanna19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileykidmama View Post
My dd does that with MEOS; we've found that Sandy's (with a doubler) are better, if you still want to stick with ME. With a Sandy's and doubler, she can go 3 hrs and sometimes the dipe is almost soaked, sometimes it's barely damp on the outside (depending on her drinking habits). My dd is medically bladder incontinent, so every drop of urine made by her kidneys goes right through her bladder and out without stopping. We've temporarily stopped night cd'ing (like you have) because we haven't found anything that won't be soaked and cold in the morning! I'm going to try a buckeye bottoms night dipe and then a FB (stuffed to the gills) and see if either of those do the trick. I just need them to get here via fluff mail. Good luck, mama! I feel your frustration .
awww, thanks...poor kids we have heh? i do want to stick with my meos for the bulk of my diapering...it would seem like such as hassle to sell them all and then scour the fsot board. i think i will try a few doublers in there, plus i just got some hemp trifold soakers from MPBBA. Also in the process of ordering 2 vbsn (or is it vbnn??) and ordered the 4 layer doubler! ack! what a big bum she'll have

so we'll do some experimenting for sure

thanks for your help...i needed some bigtime...i was freking that i would have to get rid of my meos and get something more pee-friendly, but it's ok, we;ll just add to it i guess.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:47 PM   #9
joanna19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenMImama View Post
Yes great idea, if that is too much bulk just get a few doublers to try, we use doublers a lot! because , well they work great W/O a lot of bulk, I like hemp doublers, or fleece topped ones and put them right next to the skin.

I have a very heavy night wetter, when you do venture into cloth at night, a VBSN has worked quite well topped with a wool cover tha is 2 ply.
hmmmm, i'll buy some doublers from BLD today