Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2006, 09:19 AM   #11
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Re: What is your secret for those days.......

I say "Who wants to take a ride?" and head to the nearest Dunkin Donuts. Coffee for me and munchkins for them Then we usually take a ride and "see what we see" before going home with (hopefully) a sleeping baby

Advertisement

momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:40 AM   #12
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillkuster
Here's what I do....
I yell at my kids and then feel super depressed and then cry because I'm such a rotten person.
Does that help?
That I understand... just went through it myself the other day when I was home with my sick baby girl and she wouldn't stop whining (nor would she take her normal 2-2.5 hour nap). I felt horrible afterwards, but I was at wit's end.

Next time I'll have to come up with a MUCH better plan...
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:13 AM   #13
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel kind of like that today...and I have a feeling it's only going to get worse before it gets better for me. My mom and sister and good friends live 5 hours away, my almost 2yo woke up at 5:30 and wouldn't go back to sleep, Now she's up again after only napping for one hour, and I'm 38wks pg with our 2nd and have so much to do, but just want to sip something and put my feet up! Thankfully the weather is nice...I think we'll go outside and fill the kiddie pool or take a walk. Hope it gets better....
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:36 AM   #14
bsydprmkn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i run into my sewing room and start doing something. or run and start doing laundry. then i count down the minutes til nap time. today is a no nap day cause they woke up late, so its going to be a sewing day for me!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:46 AM   #15
lutgen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I 2nd the go outside.... but then it is not always possible. Rain rain rain

I too have a 6,4 and 1 year old.... I have felt this way totally this week!!!!
lutgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:59 AM   #16
skayers01
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftymaer
Ugh-I think I can relate to the running away. When it's that bad that I know I'm at the end if Deme is napping then I go into the bathroom with a cup of coffee and a book and I don't get off until I read one whole page. If she's not napping then she goes into the playpen with einstein and then I go into the bathroom. However, since ds is almost 5 and I don't lock the bathroom door the most I get is 1 sip of coffee and hopefully one page before he comes in to get me or decides that's the moment he needs to pee too. Usually ds knows that when I get really quiet and don't speak for a while that it's time for a little smoochin up to mama. Hope you feel better.

The bathroom... LOL Why do we hide in our own homes!!!LOL
Old 08-17-2006, 11:45 AM   #17
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who needs a change of scenery sometimes.

Dh doesnt understand that.

When I am having one of *THOSE* days....I just do anything I can to keep cool until naptime. Naptime is fairly early around here (they normally go down sometime between 11am and 1pm depending on whats going on) BUT if its one of THOSE days they for SURE go down at 11!!!

Its HARD AS HECK though, when one of THOSE days pops up AFTER nap. Those are the hardest days for me! And they ALWAYS pop up when DH is out of town!

I have a 4y/o, 2y/o and I am 34wks pg.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #18
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I get out of the house. it doesn't really matter where we go, I just need to leave!! Sometimes we go to the park, or to the library (my kids LOVE this and I actually do, too), the beach, or sometimes, if I am desperate and not wanting to go far, McDonalds to the Playscapes. free and I can get us all (me and the two older girls) a little ice cream treat for $3 and change.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:46 PM   #19
Luvmybabies
My two cuties :)
sitesupporter
seller

Coffee... an obscene amount of coffee. We get out of the house, even if its just for a ride in the car, sometimes we'll go to a store.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:58 PM   #20
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorky_Mom
I have the 4 year old DD from hell... seriously, she may be cute but boy oh boy does she have an attitude!!! we do a lot of drawing how we feel which turns into her breaking crayons, timeout. i hide in the bathroom, we watch movies while i whack my head into the walls LMAO... anything to keep me from going postal LOL

i tend to raise my voice too much!
Wow, is this me, lol.

I hate yelling at my kids and am trying to stop.
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote