Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2008, 05:03 PM   #1
jillianh
Banned

My Mood:
completely innocent question

So what do y'all do at night if you EC?

Advertisement

jillianh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
Quinn's mama
Registered Users

Re: completely innocent question

When mine was, say newborn - 2 months and it was warmer (born early Sept), she usually wore 7th gen sposies at night (I think? It's already a blur), but often when she woke to eat, I'd give her an opportunity to pee (she sleeps with us, we had a little bowl right by the bed that I just held betw my legs in bed). Often, she did! We had several nights where she peed 2-3 times overnight and woke up with the same dry diaper she went to bed in. I've been blessed with a baby who has never pooped in the nighttime, so that made things way easier than they could have been.

BUT, then it got colder, she got older, and soon made it VERY clear that she was not interested in leaving the warm cocoon of our bed for anything. I follow her lead in all matters EC, so I stopped offering overnight. Now, I spend my life much like many nonECing CDing folks do, searching for a 12 hour solution. Just bought my first VBSN yesterday and I can't wait for it to come!!! The snaps and stitching are going to be a pink/brown combo!

If she starts asking to pee again in the nights, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it (but hopefully it won't happen before we get some use out of our beautiful new diaper!).
Quinn's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
mammaofbean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we are off and on with the diapers, sleep on a towel, sometimes pee in the bed, sometimes i catch it. i would just have him naked, but dd sleeps with us also and misses can be disruptive. dd started sleeping naked most of the time at about a year. the misses were big, but infrequent because i knew by thenn when she usually peed overnight, and she really didn't sleep as well with a diaper on.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
kthiday
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS had NO interest in pottying at night. Infact, he would get quite upset when I would offer- so I quickly learned not to offer for a peacful nights sleep. DD I honestly have not offered yet, but think that she might sleep better if I started...

kthiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
mamatutugirls
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn's mama View Post
When mine was, say newborn - 2 months and it was warmer (born early Sept), she usually wore 7th gen sposies at night (I think? It's already a blur), but often when she woke to eat, I'd give her an opportunity to pee (she sleeps with us, we had a little bowl right by the bed that I just held betw my legs in bed). Often, she did! We had several nights where she peed 2-3 times overnight and woke up with the same dry diaper she went to bed in. I've been blessed with a baby who has never pooped in the nighttime, so that made things way easier than they could have been.

BUT, then it got colder, she got older, and soon made it VERY clear that she was not interested in leaving the warm cocoon of our bed for anything. I follow her lead in all matters EC, so I stopped offering overnight. Now, I spend my life much like many nonECing CDing folks do, searching for a 12 hour solution. Just bought my first VBSN yesterday and I can't wait for it to come!!! The snaps and stitching are going to be a pink/brown combo! If she starts asking to pee again in the nights, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it (but hopefully it won't happen before we get some use out of our beautiful new diaper!).
Watch out you might get hooked!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:56 PM   #6
goofycutemom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I E.C. I started before I started cding actually - the reason that I started to cd was because of e.c.'ing and I got tired of throwing out diapers with only a little pee but didnt want to put a wet diaper back on her and also the sposie sometimes would wear out before she would go in it sometimes - of course now that I am totally addicted to cding - I still try to e.c. but I am not looking foward to her being out of diapers but I do still get most of her poops in the potty - peeing is nice but I dont stress over it - so that is more info than you asked for -but what I used to do at night for tori and it worked is get her up about two hours after going to sleep - she would pee and have a dry diaper in the morning - I still make sure she pees 20 minutes after eating before going to be now - so she isnt laying in a bunch of pee - really cuts down on the amount she pees on nights i dont wake her up - but lately unless she wakes up - or I "accidentally" wake her up during mommy snuggle time - I dont ask her to pee until morning - but I will change her during those times - part of is my work schedule now and how I am almost always tired - but anyway - thats what we do - HTH
goofycutemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:34 AM   #7
tsfairy
Registered Users
seller

With DS1 I never really tried to potty him at night. Instead he just began holding it all night starting at around 3mo. He'd usually wait for me to potty him when we woke up. Soon after that I started letting him sleep naked from the waist down on a stack of prefolds, and we rarely woke up to a wet bed.

DS2 is another story. He doesn't seem to like being pottied at night, and he wakes up DS1 if I try (we all sleep in a family bed.) So we're working on a night-time diaper solution too. So far everything I've put him in at night has resulted in a very wet bed. He's a bit of a super-soaker.

Quinn's mama - I can't wait to hear how that VBSN works out. I may just have to try one over here.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:03 AM   #8
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

We never EC'd at night, so she wore a night time diaper... however because of our ECing during the day she was really young when she started having dry diapers at night... usually If I'd put her on the potty right before bed and first thing in the morning she was dry... and that's what we still do just without the diaper now because she doesn't need it. We stopped using a diaper at night around 18 months.
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #9
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:

We just started doing ec at night...i put a towel down and put her on the potty if she's fussy and doesn't seem to want to nurse. We did awesome last night with no misses but the night before I had to wash my sheets!
Old 01-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #10
MovingMomma
Registered Users

DD1 wore a diaper w/cover at night & I had to take her to the bathroom almost every time she woke.

DD2 hardly ever needs to potty at night and hasn't since she was a month or two. And she nurses several times during the night.
MovingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote