Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #11
sdevonh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: completely innocent question

We do cloth at night and I really don't take her to the potty unless she has to go poo, which is rare. She has yet to STTN, so I'm focused more on her sleep habits at night than I am her potty habits.

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2008, 02:27 PM   #12
kthiday
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
We never EC'd at night, so she wore a night time diaper... however because of our ECing during the day she was really young when she started having dry diapers at night... usually If I'd put her on the potty right before bed and first thing in the morning she was dry... and that's what we still do just without the diaper now because she doesn't need it. We stopped using a diaper at night around 18 months.
My DS was dry thro the night super early too- much to my mom's disbelief.

kthiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:47 PM   #13
calicasters
Registered Users

What's VBSN? Anyone?
calicasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:50 PM   #14
goofycutemom
Registered Users

My Mood:

very baby simply nights - you can get them at bluelakediapers.com
Old 02-06-2008, 10:11 PM   #15
duckieheart
Registered Users
seller

She wears a diaper at night. She is often dry, but not all the time yet. Weve never tried to EC at night though, TBH. Ive decided to try though, because I think she often wakes just to pee. So, hopefully tonight I'll wake up enough to take her rather than just rolling over and whipping out the boob, lol.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #16
z'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofycutemom View Post
I E.C. I started before I started cding actually - the reason that I started to cd was because of e.c.'ing and I got tired of throwing out diapers with only a little pee but didnt want to put a wet diaper back on her and also the sposie sometimes would wear out before she would go in it sometimes -
We are the exact same! Love EC but couldn't stand wasting money on an occasional pee in the sposies so we are onto CD. We are just putting him in sposies at night. He doesn't mind getting changed once at night as long as he stays swaddled. He's only 3 mo. though and not sleeping through the night. We'll probably have to do a solid nighttime CD sooner then later.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #17
kthiday
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthiday View Post
DS had NO interest in pottying at night. Infact, he would get quite upset when I would offer- so I quickly learned not to offer for a peacful nights sleep. DD I honestly have not offered yet, but think that she might sleep better if I started...
ok, so this week, including last weekend, I have been changing DD dipe at night everytime I hear her stir (still a bit scared to try to get her to sit on the potty b/c her and DS share a room and i don't want her to fuss and wake him)... well, now i am getting up like three or four times a night- IT'S KILLING ME!!!!! Do i just bite the bullet and put her on the potty? She's shoeing me that she wants to potty at night, isn't she? I need to just go with my gut and put her on the potty, don't I?

Old 02-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #18
duckieheart
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthiday View Post
ok, so this week, including last weekend, I have been changing DD dipe at night everytime I hear her stir (still a bit scared to try to get her to sit on the potty b/c her and DS share a room and i don't want her to fuss and wake him)... well, now i am getting up like three or four times a night- IT'S KILLING ME!!!!! Do i just bite the bullet and put her on the potty? She's shoeing me that she wants to potty at night, isn't she? I need to just go with my gut and put her on the potty, don't I?
Maybe she wont wake DS if you just quicky move her to the hallway to go, and put her back to bed?
Old 02-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #19
kthiday
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckieheart View Post
Maybe she wont wake DS if you just quicky move her to the hallway to go, and put her back to bed?
OK, so I did it last night... I heard DD squirming, so I quickly got her and put her on her little potty in the bathroom. i think she was a bit confused at first, but I sat hunched around her whispering to her. She quickly went potty, but when i layed her down to re-diaper her she got really mad. As soon as I picked her up again she calmed don tho. And guess what... I only had to do that ONCE!!!!! WOOO HOOO for me!!! So I'm figuring that before she was just going enough to relieve herself, but not completly emptying her bladder. It never ceases to amaze me how logical EC is, and why so many people are skeptical of it when it is so freaking natural!!!! So happy days for me!!!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #20
mamamimi
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckieheart View Post
She wears a diaper at night. She is often dry, but not all the time yet. Weve never tried to EC at night though, TBH. Ive decided to try though, because I think she often wakes just to pee. So, hopefully tonight I'll wake up enough to take her rather than just rolling over and whipping out the boob, lol.
That is me exactly! I think that my dd would use a potty at night, but when she fusses I just whip out the boob. What a lazy mama I am DD is 9 months and we're getting to where she doesn't have many misses during the day. So, I'm starting to think that nighttime EC is something that we're ready to do. It's cold in our house (we're in SoCal, but we have a drafty house) at night and I'm not sure how to keep her warm and meet her potty needs during the winter. I'm actually on the forum tonight specifically to get ideas.