Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
CJKJ
Registered Users
seller

Trainers question

Ok, I know this isn't EC but there isn't a Potty Training forum so i'm hoping you ladies could help me.

I am looking for some trainers for my Potty Training DD who just turned 3. She can go on the potty by herself during the day but she hasn't been waking at night to make it to the potty. She doesn't want to wear diapers at night. I want to get her some trainers that would look/feel like underwear but would help contain the wetness.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2008, 07:19 PM   #2
kthiday
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Trainers question

SS SB is what we use on DS- he thinks they are his "cool training underpants"- they can be pulled on and off like undies, but contain more liquid- you can do w or w/o an insert too.

kthiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:03 PM   #3
Sunshinesmiles22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

SS SB is what we use on DS

What does this stand for????
Old 01-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
crystalkicks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

side snapping swaddlebees.....aio's!!

I like the blueberry trainers....not bulky at all and holds big messes...I have one for sale if your interested!!
Old 01-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #5
Quinn's mama
Registered Users

Haven't tried them, but have heard good things about Imse Vimse training pants.
Quinn's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:19 PM   #6
pixiepunk
Registered Users
seller

Imse Vimse are perfect for the purpose, i think. i haven't seen anything that looks/feels more like undies, and while they aren't bullet proof by any means, they do have a hidden layer of PUL so they are waaaay more absorbent than padded undies.

does she usually just pee once at night or is it multiple times? does she wake up once she's peed and change? if she pees more than once or there's a good chance she'll sit in a wet trainer half the night, Imse Vimse might not be the right trainer... but otherwise i think it work great.

also, have you tried pottying her before you go to bed? i know some kids just can't hold it all night long, but if you put them on the potty around 11pm/midnight they're able to stay dry after that till they wake up in the morning. i have several friends who did typical potty training who tried that trick and it worked like a charm for all of them. so might be worth a try, then she could just sleep in undies.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:23 PM   #7
CJKJ
Registered Users
seller

I don't know how many times she pees at night. When she was wearing diapers she never had a dry night. I haven't tried waking her up - I can see if that will help.

She doesn't notice at all when she pees. I bought some Starbunz SuperUndies so I'm hoping those will help. If not, I'll look at the Imse Vimse ones.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:30 PM   #8
EcoTykesMama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiepunk View Post
...but if you put them on the potty around 11pm/midnight they're able to stay dry after that till they wake up in the morning. i have several friends who did typical potty training who tried that trick and it worked like a charm for all of them. so might be worth a try, then she could just sleep in undies.
I did that with my boy - we'd get him up 2 hours after going down and pop him on the toilet. He never really woke up either, but it worked and kept him dry for the most part - as long as we got to him in time in the morning.
EcoTykesMama is offline   Reply With Quote