Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2006, 11:39 PM   #1
rds989
Registered Users
seller

So tell me why...

I want to try fitteds & wool? Our pockets work perfectly well. Why do I REALLY want some longies for dd for this fall?

Tell me why you do/don't like wool. Is is a pain in the neck to deal w/a diaper and then a cover? Or is it super cozy? I can't decide!!

Advertisement

My old DS feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11507.0
rds989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:48 PM   #2
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: So tell me why...

Our stash is almost all fitteds and wool. I love it that his little bum can breathe in wool. PUL doesn't breathe like wool does. I was a pocket mama up until about March...then I started becoming a wool addict, LOL. If you decide to try it...remember, you'll never go back! And to answer you, its SUPER SUPER cozy!!!
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:57 PM   #3
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't mean to steal your thread, but how is wool water proof? How does it keep form leaking?
Old 08-16-2006, 11:58 PM   #4
mama23boys
Banned
seller

trying wool is entering into the "dark" side of cding LOL only bc its so darn addictive!

i got rid of all my pockets (expect 4 FF's that i use in the diaper bag) and now i use PF's, a few fitteds and my beloved wool!!

for winter i plan on only using longies and sweatshirts/long sleeve shirts!

its super easy to care for, so much more breathable then PUL esp at night, and super super cozy (to quote stacy!) ohh and no leaking at night if you lanolize right (but thats easy to do!)
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:59 PM   #5
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marelle4381
I don't mean to steal your thread, but how is wool water proof? How does it keep form leaking?
when you use wool wash or bars it has lanolin in it and it forms a barrier...im sure someone else can better explain then me!

Last edited by mama23boys; 08-17-2006 at 12:01 AM.
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:15 AM   #6
jillkuster
Registered Users
seller

I use only prefolds and pull on wool covers. I love them. Lots of times I just gaze at my little dude and think about all the natural fibers he is wearing. I start at the shirt and think "organic cotton" then the diaper cover and I tell myself "wool from a lamb" and underneath, we have "super soft cotton on his little bottom."
I can't believe I just admitted that to anyone. I guess it's dorky lol.

Last edited by jillkuster; 08-17-2006 at 12:16 AM.
jillkuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:20 AM   #7
jillkuster
Registered Users
seller

I guess I should also tell you that caring for my wool is a hobbie unto itself. I have bought my little ones Snugglewool blankets to lay on, Lana wool blankets to cover up with and carseat covers from Snugglewool as well. I find it utterly enjoyable to take care of my huge stash of wool (and that includes their covers.) I live in an old converted barn and over my wood fireplace I hung a special indoor clothes line where I hang my wool to dry. I don't know yet if it will work in the winter or if it will be too hot for the wool, but it sure makes my house look georgeous. So homey. I like wool as much as cloth diapering. I even bought a sewing machine this week so I can sew my own longies. I have the perfect cashmere sweater to make one out of! Gawd how soft.