Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2006, 10:29 PM   #11
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does your Postal Employee know you?

I never go to the PO, but my deliveryman sure knows me! He delivers my letters along the normal route, then has to drive back to p/u my outgoing pkgs...and deliver the incoming ones

The other day he noticed that my outgoing has really expanded (since starting to sell bows) and said 'I'm going to hate you, aren't I?' After he laughed, I thanked him and said 'you're the best!' He said 'I don't wanna be the best. The best are always the first to die.' So I told him he was the worst.

His sub came yesterday and looked down at my pkgs and said 'What am I supposed to do w/ those?' I just stared at him till he put them in his bag. Pretty sure he actually DOES hate me.

Advertisement

Old 08-16-2006, 10:36 PM   #12
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

They know me well, but now that I have a scale, hopefully I won't have to go anymore

I usually use the automated shipping center, but they have an employee hanging around to help people and one day a couple of weeks ago, she asked me if I sell a lot on eBay. I told her what I was selling and she was shocked! "Really? Cloth diapers? People buy them used? I had no idea!"
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:52 PM   #13
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

I live on a city/county border, so there are two PO's fairly close to me---one in each city. I try to divide up my "time" (packages, LOL!) between them, so they don't start to think I'm a nut!! But, I think my gig is up, because I'm starting to become a "regular".

If it were Cheers, they'd all be yelling my name by now!
Old 08-16-2006, 11:05 PM   #14
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Quote:
If it were Cheers, they'd all be yelling my name by now!
"Annalee" doesn't flow as well as their names did.... can we just start calling you Norm?
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:29 AM   #15
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

We pick our mail up at the p.o. so if i have a package they see me walking to my box and go grab it so by the time i get to the counter they are there ready and waiting. I open most of my packages right there (we live in a super small town) and the other ladies that are sorting mail come out to oo and ah over my fluff. they all CD'd at some point in their live so they are amazed at the modern CD's
Old 08-17-2006, 05:41 AM   #16
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I go to 2 different post offices. One is south of me and one is north of me and which ever area I am headed to I go to. The one north of me knows me well and last week the lady said "no baby yet?", I had to laugh. She said "next time I see you I want to see a newborn" and even knows all of the kids first names. The one south of me my brother runs so of course they know me. I always get comments like "did you want to say hi to Tony while you're here" or "oh, here without the kids" or "your still pregnant?". It's pretty funny. They see me and get the stickers all ready for the kids and don't have to ask if anything is "liquid, fragile, perishable or potentially hazardus". they just get it going and are so kind.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:38 AM   #17
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

My mail man knows me *quite* well. It all started when I answered the door in a nursing bra and boxers, nursing my son, very soon after he was born.
He blushed all shades of red and I appologized profusely, I had thought he was my mom coming to help me with the baby.
We've been buddies ever since!
He brings packages to my door instead of leaving them in the mailbox and he always asks what good fluffy mail I've gotten recently. His daughter is expecting twins and I introduced them to craigslist.
I love him.
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:18 AM   #18
masonite
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea
"Annalee" doesn't flow as well as their names did.... can we just start calling you Norm?

Norm?! I totally look like a Norm, don't I??
Old 08-17-2006, 09:20 AM   #19
masonite
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madalexsmom
I go to 2 different post offices. One is south of me and one is north of me and which ever area I am headed to I go to. The one north of me knows me well and last week the lady said "no baby yet?", I had to laugh. She said "next time I see you I want to see a newborn" and even knows all of the kids first names. The one south of me my brother runs so of course they know me. I always get comments like "did you want to say hi to Tony while you're here" or "oh, here without the kids" or "your still pregnant?". It's pretty funny. They see me and get the stickers all ready for the kids and don't have to ask if anything is "liquid, fragile, perishable or potentially hazardus". they just get it going and are so kind.
I never know how to answer that question when I'm shipping diapers! LOL! I mean, potentially, the diapers could HOLD things that are "liquid, fragile, perishable or potentially hazardous..."

It makes me laugh every time they ask me!!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:22 AM   #20
Dorky_Mom
Registered Users

hahaha... my mail man is so sweet. I have a small mailbox, and he knows I have two kiddos so he actually walks up the stairs to my apartment and brings it to my door. Hes a sweetie..

... or maybe it is because one day I answered the door in a towel with shampoo in my hair HAHAAA... cause I was in the shower and my DD was screaming saying someone was at the door.

haha.. yeah. thats probably it.
MEN! lol

Its been a while since I have gotten any fluff though *sobs*
el- broke- o

breast feeding baby wearing cloth diapering attached momma
Dorky_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote