Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2008, 11:31 PM   #1
sammyjune
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
interlock vs jersey vs knit--what do you think?

Okay, so I'm ready to come to the dark side. What are the advantages/disadvantages of each? What do I need to know?

I finally got wool to work at night with a Disana cover. I also have a Stacinator stretch, which is not enough for night, and too big for day. Plus, I also use LANA nursing pads. That's the extent of my wool experience.

I know the Stacinator is jersey as are my nursing pads and the Disana is knit, but what exactly is interlock? How is it different? In what situation would you use each? I've seen some interlock at HC that I'm just over and an sooo ready to try out, but don't want to waste my money.

I have a heavy-wetter and mostly use fitteds, until I run out, then PF. What should I try?

TIA!

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2008, 12:14 AM   #2
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: interlock vs jersey vs knit--what do you think?

Interlock is kind of similar to jersey, though I think it holds a bit better. Stacinator are not really the best covers out there absorbancy wise. I personaly am not crazy about knit wool for several reasons. It felts easier, wears faster, and is more prone to leaking than other types. It does look pretty though. I use mostly interlock and crochet. Interlock is tough and looks alot like normal pants on a child. It is stretchy and soft and most can be machine washed on the gentle cycle with wool wash. It depends on the wahm how well it holds. Some is really really thick (like holden's landing), others really thin (the luxe I tried was rediculously thin). And some use an extra layer in the wet zone to help it hold longer (wcw does this with the soakers). I usually use a trim interlock soaker under a pair of crochet longies. Crochet wears well and is thicker so it is better for heavy wetters and overnight use. THicker yarns also make heavier more absorbant pants. Tharen is a super soaker so he needs as many extra layers as possible, and using the cover under pants helps him be able to wear the pants all day when we are out cause they don't wind up wet, just the cover needs changed out.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:24 AM   #3
rcarver
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Local Mama!

I find that knit works if I use a bulky or aran weight yarn. I do prefer crochet, especially for overnight. I haven't had much luck with interlock but I might if it had a 2nd layer in the wetness zone.
rcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
Cazra
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a similar experience as you. We switched to prefolds and fitteds with interlock and are leak free through the night. LOVE IT!!! I actually have a new wahm business making soakers, shorts and pants. the website it ekologybaby.com, but the cart isn't working yet. pm me if you might be interested. soakers are $20, shorts are $25 and pants are $30. Thanks!
Cazra is offline   Reply With Quote