Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2008, 03:45 PM   #11
mccullar
Registered Users

Re: When will I show for my second pregnancy?

with my first right a way! with this one it took a while and i am still not very big. and i will have my baby soon. what i am wearing today fit great on me with my son at 20 weeks more or less. and that same thing i am wearing today just started to fit good! crazy hu?

Advertisement

mccullar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:47 PM   #12
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

with my first i didn't have anything until about 13wks and that was a SMALL booch. I could still wear low rise jeans and shirt that covered my belly. without a issue.

with this one i am almost 10 wks and I already have my "13wk booch"; but that of course could be from the fact that my first is only 9months.

hope that was helpful.
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:49 PM   #13
Sirion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, ladies. I think I'll have to find a new plan to surprise them. This will be my parents' last grandchild (and probably the last one on my DH side as well). I'm sure they will be thrilled either way, no matter the gender.

Geez, showing by 8 weeks? Yikes! I carried all out in front. In the end, people said it was like I had a basketball tucked under my shirt. Nothing else got bigger except my belly. From the behind, you couldn't tell I was pregnant at all. I guess I could just stand with my back to them for the first four months, LOL!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #14
Kinga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so cute to tell her on mama's day! i showed diff with each pregnancy...2nd one I was not showing til about 28 weeks, but then I measured only 28 weeks when I gave birth to an 8+ lbs babe. My 3rd, I was slow showing again...then my fourth was like I found out I was preg and was HUGE the next day. lol
BUT, with our 2nd, we would ask people...do you want to see our new family pic? And then show them the U/S pic since I wasn't showing! You could have fun with that!

good luck
Kinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #15
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was in maternity shorts by 19 weeks with my first pregnancy - I looked on my calendar.

I am still wearing my skinny jeans right now and I will be 19 weeks this weekend.

But . . . I had no morning sickness with #1 and just now feeling better with #2. I think all the throwing up kept the weight down (not that I would advise this as a diet). I have just in the last weeks gained three pounds - where are this time last pregnancy I had gained at least 10.

I guess every pregnancy is different.

I know my sister got much bigger, much faster with her second. She is 5 '5" and 110 pounds. I am also a little taller at 5' 7".

Congratulations!

We managed to wait until about 14 weeks at Christmas to tell everyone the news.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:37 PM   #16
pixilated
Registered Users
seller

I could still hide this one(#3) by 19 weeks, but, that was with a baggy sweater on over my stomach. Plus, I was about 20lbs over ideal weight when I got pregnant, so I was a little chunkier anyway.
pixilated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:15 PM   #17
mother_04_07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

1# i started wearing mommy shorts at 13weeks
2# i started wearing mommy clothes at 10weeks
6/02 ~ 7/02~ 12/03 9/04 Born @ 38.0w LifeFlight/NICU/IA defect Surgery #1@3days old,#2 2/06, #3 11/09,#4 6/10,#5 8/10
7/2007born emergency c-section @39.0wIn STOCK Mama Cloth & PAST WORK
mother_04_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:55 AM   #18
meamom
Registered Users

I'm about your build -- 5'2" and 110 lbs pre-preg.

With this second pregnancy, I expected to look more pregnant faster but I didn't. However, i'm 19 weeks today and looking much more pregnant suddenly than i did at 19 weeks the first time. At last i think...

Cara ~ mama to Lila Wren (b. 1/16/07) and Rosalie Pearl (b. 5/11/08 six weeks early)
Come visit my mama blog!
meamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #19
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am 15 weeks and pregnant with 2nd baby. As far as showing it is questionable because no one is going to be brave enough to ask if i am pregnant cause i am in that "is it pregnancy or is it a flabby tummy stage".
I actually have not told my parents yet because of prior miscarriages i try to keep things to myself as long as possible. They see me a lot and haven't said anything yet.
I normally do not carry any weight at all around my belly so i have a feeling they know but are not saying anything and being very polite about it. Can't keep it from them to much longer cause my pants barely fit me.
With my first i was 18 weeks or so before anyone stranger dared to ask and that was the lady at the car dealership who saw us every 3 months so knew what my "before pregnancy body" looked like.

Last edited by betty_joanne; 01-27-2008 at 09:17 AM.
betty_joanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #20
asianmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im 9 weeks with baby number three and i dont think im looking preggo... with number one i started showing as soon as i hit 6 months. with number two i show as soon as i found out-- i had the post baby weight from #1 still hovering around me... it just went down --
this was me 22 weeks
- im in the blue top
this was me at 36 weeks
Amen.
asianmama is offline   Reply With Quote