Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Red face Fast, toddler friendly recipes needed

other than spaghetti and alfredo She loves rice. I'm out of idea's here....HELP.

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #2
rhettsgirl05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fast, toddler friendly recipes needed

Here's a site I came across recently. http://www.wholesometoddlerfood.com/toddlerdinner.htm
Old 01-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
april-2006
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS is 13 months. He loves chicken stir-fry which of course goes great with rice. I get any of the frozen stir fry veggies and I always add more broccoli and peas to it b/c he loves them.

My dad fixes a huge pot of veggie (with ground beef) soup every now and then and DS gobbles it up... he'll eat it for days and be happy. I freeze what we have left in individual servings.

umm.. cheese toast, turkey and cheese sandwiches, pizza, gosh he loves pizza, especially with mushrooms. If you buy the dough that can be pretty fast. or you can make pizza toast - just put the sauce and toppings on bread and broil it for a minute.

I just steam up veggies like broccoli or fresh zucchini - he loves it. he'll also eat plain brown rice with just a tiny touch of butter to put some moisture in it.

another one... b/c DS likes mushrooms -- get chicken tenders or cutlets or pounds some breasts thin... cook in pan with just a little EVOO, then take them out, add some mushrooms and a pat of butter (and some garlic and onion if you want) and cook them a few minutes, sprinkle with flour, add some chicken stock and a little half &half or something to help thicken it up just a little. cook for a few minutes to thicken and get mushrooms tender. add chicken back in. serve with rice... it's a Rachael ray 30 minute meal thing...

hope that helps -
Old 01-26-2008, 02:19 AM   #4
mccullar
Registered Users

we use to do this

Rice A Roni Dinner

Your favorite box of Rice a Roni
Everything you need to make the Rice a Roni
1 pound gound meat
1 onion
bag frozen pees and carrots (or your favorite frozen veggies)
Garlic salt
Pepper

Chop up your onion, place in your warm skillet. (You may need oil it depends on your skillet, the ground meat gives enough grease on mine.) Add your meat and brown. Drain off your meat, saving a little grease for the rice. (if you don’t save the grease then you will have to add the butter.) Brown your rice for a few min. Put your meat back in the pan. Add the water and frozen veggies. Bring to a simmer and lower to low to medeum heat. Check it to see if you need more water, about 10-15 min later. (You may need about cup extra)

Help Full Tip: This one was just done one day when all I had was hamburger meat and needed to make a fast dinner so we tried it and liked it. It goes off of another recipe I do. Enjoy! And Have fun!

but now hes not too into it. so i tried it with top roman noddles the other day. i did everything the same but used two pkg beef top roman, and 2 cups water. i was amazed it wasnt bad. lol
mccullar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #5
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yummy! thanks mommas!!