Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2006, 06:58 AM   #1
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
any tips for traveling w/ cds?

Hey there! We are heading out for the weekend. First, we have no $$ for sposies and second, I would rather use cloth. Dh thinks it will be terribly smelly on the ride home. Any thoughts? We are leaving thursday afternoon and coming back sat night. It seems like I will need to take most of my stash. Do I just take some in the hotel and leave the rest in the car? I don't want it to be too huge a task but would like to make it work.

Advertisement

Old 08-16-2006, 07:56 AM   #2
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

Re: any tips for traveling w/ cds?

Ziplock bags = no stinky smell in the car. That always works for us!

Have fun!
rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:34 AM   #3
sheandaru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg_mommy
Ziplock bags = no stinky smell in the car. That always works for us!

Have fun!

sheandaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:43 AM   #4
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Would ziplocs be better or putting the diaperpal in the back of the van? I was thinking about stacking the dipes in the laundry basket too for easy carry or would a big bag be just as easy?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:24 AM   #5
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

We did this a few mo back and didn't have a problem. I used a big trashbag for my Cd and jsut tied it up when we were ready to go, I didn't smell them at all, we were gone about the same amount of time. I use PF's so I just put them all in a big duffle bag to take and brought them back in the trash bag. Then when I got home I just emptied the trash bag into the washer. YOu could take a little container of baking soda to dump on them to help with the smell if you like.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:42 AM   #6
sheandaru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2hancj
Would ziplocs be better or putting the diaperpal in the back of the van? I was thinking about stacking the dipes in the laundry basket too for easy carry or would a big bag be just as easy?
I wouldn't bother with the diaperpail. When we went on vacation, I put the clean dipes in a duffle & the dirty dipes in a couple large ziplocs.

sheandaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:55 AM   #7
majick1
Registered Users
seller

I think they make these really HUGE ziplocs now. If you are near a washer you could always just wash before coming home.
majick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:48 PM   #8
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess I will be venturing to get some big ziplocs this afternoon...baking soda is a great idea too!! I have a big drawstring wet bag too but they might not hold them all and dh is worried about them still smelling.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:01 PM   #9
heathersgirls
Registered Users
seller

"We did this a few mo back and didn't have a problem. I used a big trashbag for my Cd and jsut tied it up when we were ready to go, I didn't smell them at all, we were gone about the same amount of time. I use PF's so I just put them all in a big duffle bag to take and brought them back in the trash bag. Then when I got home I just emptied the trash bag into the washer. YOu could take a little container of baking soda to dump on them to help with the smell if you like."

I did this exactly last weekend. It worked really well. It was also my first time traveling with cds. I felt very accomplished
Old 08-16-2006, 06:13 PM   #10
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

unless you're going camping or to someone's house (who hates cloth) , I'd wash them before piling into the car again. Most hotels have laundry facilities. it'd prob cost yuo 5-6 to do the whole load and thats one less chore you'd have to do when you got home.
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote