Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2009, 10:42 AM   #121
merandus
www.hyenacart.com/mainstreet
seller

My Mood:
Re: CT Mamas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki_luv View Post
Hullo all <3 I'm new to this site, but I am in CT I'm in fairfield county. I CD as well but I get my things off the internet since it's easier. I tried using prefolds but it was a complete disaster with my wiggly nb. Thank goodness for pocket diapers <3 I've been using the bumgenius one size, but can anyone suggest a wahm one size?
welcome!

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #122
suki_luv
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you How is everyone enjoying the snow? It's been melting all day today...hopefully it wont turn to ice tonight :/
suki_luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #123
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My back walk-way is ice. My driveway is mostly ice. They hardly plow my road.

I have to work tonight, so I'm not looking forward to that. At least my drive is heavily traveled roads.

GalleryBlogFan Page!
iheartruiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #124
suki_luv
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yikes! Be careful (of course you will be but still!). The one nice thing about this is I can chill my drinks outside (well, as long as I bring them in before it gets freezing). I can't wait until it gets warmer so I can take my LO on walks! We have a quaint little shopping center half a mile from my house and a larger one about 2.3 miles away -- but that has to wait until I get more of my endurance back (gave birth on the 29th of Nov). Gotta start tiny and work my way back up
Old 01-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #125
Lisa_delo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not sure how I missed this thread but I did We live in Groton, have been here for two years Anyone around this area?
Old 01-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #126
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yikes! Be careful (of course you will be but still!). The one nice thing about this is I can chill my drinks outside (well, as long as I bring them in before it gets freezing). I can't wait until it gets warmer so I can take my LO on walks! We have a quaint little shopping center half a mile from my house and a larger one about 2.3 miles away -- but that has to wait until I get more of my endurance back (gave birth on the 29th of Nov). Gotta start tiny and work my way back up
Aw, congrats! We just have one, my 3 year old.

DS won't even walk in the snow anymore. He can't stand it. I wish he'd get over it.

GalleryBlogFan Page!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #127
katiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey CT mamas! I live in VT right now, but DH and I both grew up in CT. I'm from Litchfield and he grew up mostly in the Cheshire area. We go there a lot to visit family. It looks like the majority of you are on the opposite side of the state though.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #128
suki_luv
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartruiner View Post
Aw, congrats! We just have one, my 3 year old.

DS won't even walk in the snow anymore. He can't stand it. I wish he'd get over it.
Thank you

Three is such a great age! I used to be the caregiver for my sister's youngest son before I moved to CT. I love the sentences he would try and put together. His favorite thing now is to tell him mom he's "too busy" when she asks him to do things now or to hum the Indiana Jones theme music while he runs around the house <3 I can't wait until my LO does those things! I know the time goes fast, but sometimes I'm at a loss at what to do with a 6 week old
Old 01-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #129
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Thank you

Three is such a great age! I used to be the caregiver for my sister's youngest son before I moved to CT. I love the sentences he would try and put together. His favorite thing now is to tell him mom he's "too busy" when she asks him to do things now or to hum the Indiana Jones theme music while he runs around the house <3 I can't wait until my LO does those things! I know the time goes fast, but sometimes I'm at a loss at what to do with a 6 week old
LOL, 6 weeks seems so tough, but 3 is super challenging. at 6 weeks, you can do some tummy time, maybe read a simple book or two. Mostly IME, that time is good for bonding & developing a good routine. If you're breastfeeding, you should be establishing a good supply for your little one now & they might be going through a growth spurt really soon.

That age was such a breeze for us thinking back. I really miss it.

GalleryBlogFan Page!
Old 01-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #130
suki_luv
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yeah we do lots of skin-on-skin bonding, tummy time (It's so cute to hear her little whimper cries of frustration! When I watch her my mental music is along the lines of eye of the tiger) and bfing. She reeally likes to nurse I just worry that she's not getting enough stimuli. I worry that she's bored~