Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #131
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: CT Mamas!

I doubt at 6w she'd be bored yet. And if she is, she'd probably fall asleep. She's got adorable cheeks though!!

Advertisement

GalleryBlogFan Page!
iheartruiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #132
suki_luv
Registered Users

My Mood:

True, True. I think it's the new mommy thing -- worried that I'm not doing enough/too much.

I love her cheeks! Her face (head) is starting to thin more now...you can see she has a neck now, LOL. She's a big girl (10.5lbs 22" at her 4w appt) but the only noticeable chub she has is her cheeks and a little fold on her upper thighs. Her daddy is tall though (I am so not) so I'm hoping she ends up somewhere between me and him
suki_luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:48 PM   #133
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hear that! DS was skinny at birth & still is. He's about 30lbs at 3 years old. He had pretty much no chub, ever. So seeing chunky cheeks is super cute IMO!

GalleryBlogFan Page!
Old 01-15-2009, 08:38 AM   #134
suki_luv
Registered Users

My Mood:

I like to pinch them, which makes her gurgle and/or smile now. she likes the attention! Ugh I have my pp check up today :/ it's snowing. Hopefully they dont close the dr office! My appt is late today, so hopefully the roads will be clear. I wish I knew if my dr lived locally XD :finger cross:
Old 01-15-2009, 08:40 AM   #135
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh, I'm sorry. The roads aren't bad down here. We got about 2ish inches. The actually plowed and sanded my street today!

GalleryBlogFan Page!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #136
suki_luv
Registered Users

My Mood:

They plowed earlier, but the snow is still falling (only gently now). I feel like such a kid, though! I don't want to go But! I can't get another appt. Rwar. Snow makes me so unmotivated. Not to mention, I'm kinda sleepy. The LO had a hard night last night. She slept poorly and didn't want to nurse at all. The only way I could soothe her (she was a little banshee) was to hold her all night. Which...I kind of liked. Pretty soon she'll be too big (and heavy!) to hold the whole night through
Old 01-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #137
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I couldn't appreciate that. I really disliked holding Eddie all night long - but that was before I knew anything about babywearing or AP.

GalleryBlogFan Page!
Old 01-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #138
suki_luv
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a sling that I use, but getting her into it is hard! She can't really hold herself up yet so getting it over her and my head is a juggle. When she was smaller I could wiggle her in with the sling already on, but that doesn't work so well now. Her daddy is convinced we're spoiling her because her grandma and me hold her so much. I found that after I had her, a bunch of my preconceived notions about how I was going to raise her changed. You just don't know what will work until you've got your baby in your arms. Her personality has dictated some of how we are rearing her.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #139
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Agreed. Eddie changed the way we thought about a LOT of things and now that he's older, I see where i should have changed back to how I thought to begin with. LOL!

GalleryBlogFan Page!
Old 01-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #140
suki_luv
Registered Users

My Mood:

ahaha, yeah. We're going through that on a small scale with co-sleeping. Neither my fiance or me wanted to do it, but at the hospital it was like I had narcolepsy! I couldn't keep my eyes open and would invariably fall asleep breastfeeding. So when we came home, even though we had a bassinet, she was sleeping in the bed so I could bf. And then the weather turned cold, and we were worried she would be too cold in the bassinet. At the time, because we couldn't be intimate, it wasn't a big deal. But now that I've had my pp exam? We need to wean her back into her bassinet XD!