Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
elienai
Registered Users
Formerly: Desert_Rose
seller
seller

Spotting / Cramps around 7 weeks? *UPDATE*

Since this morning I have been spotting red blood. I do have cramps too but not really painful ones. This is my 6th pregnancy and I don't remember spotting nor cramping with any of the other 5.

We just found out a couple days ago and I was just getting used to the idea of a new little one. Now I want to

Does this mean I am miscarrying? It would be my first and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it. My DH is heartbroken.

Advertisement

Last edited by elienai; 02-04-2008 at 10:11 AM.
elienai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
Monkeytaylz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Spotting / Cramps around 7 weeks?

Every pregnancy is different. There are lots of mamas who have spotting or even heavy bleeding and still have a healthy pregnancy. Just try to take it easy and see or call your dr. ASAP.It could be a sign of miscarriage, but not neessarily. I hope everything is okay with your little bean!
Monkeytaylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
Mommy2B
Registered Users
seller

I had the same thing happen to me, mama! *hugs* I would suggest you call your doctor - they will probably want to see you ASAP. As it turned out, everything was completely fine for me. They could find no medical reason for the bleeding, and I continued to bleed a few days a week up until around 16 weeks. Both the little one and I are completely healthy and I'm looking forward to meeting him in just a few weeks! Good luck!
Mommy2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
3inclothdiapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My sister had some bleeding on and off that turned out to be nothing. You really can't know for sure unless you go get checked out.

I hope everything is okay!
3inclothdiapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:27 PM   #5
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

I had some bleeding around 6 weeks with this pregnancy, and maybe some slight cramping (I cant remember really) -- but everything has checked out A-Okay!
If you're worried, go to the ER! Or if you can hang until Monday morning call your care giver first thing in the AM and see about a vaginal US for peace of mind.
I hope it's nothing, and everything is okay!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:33 PM   #6
cakemaven
Registered Users
seller

DS#2 & DS #3 I had spotting and bleeding several times. Both are beautiful, happy healthy boys! Every pregnancy is different, so just because it's never happened before (It never happened with my first) doesn't mean that it's a bad sign.

If you are really worried though, go the the ER as they can do an u/s to look for a fetal pole. They will also take blood for a HCG count, and then have you get another blood draw 2-3 days from now.

Try not to worry too much mama... I know, easier said than done... Will say a prayer for you
Old 01-26-2008, 10:10 PM   #7
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd make an appointment and go in. I had spotting at 7 weeks w/ Ethan and I went to the ER -it was a Saturday and I was freaking. I had just had a m/c the cycle before. We saw the heartbeat and all was well and the spotting stopped about 2 days later. Spotting happens, but its better to check and be sure than worry!!
Old 01-27-2008, 04:04 AM   #8
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

That is a hard call since you said it is bright red and you also have cramping. That is what I did when I had my miscarriage.

I also had bright red bleeding.. no cramps with Abbey. That is how they found out that I had complete placenta previa.

Sex also causes bleeding and did in one of my pregnancies, but I went on to have a healthy full term baby.

I also had a period with cramping and bleeding for two months of my first pregnancy... so as you can tell.. it doesn't always mean miscarriage.

I would definitely call your doctor/midwife and let them know. Rest as much as you can and see if that helps.

Sending you lots of good vibes mama!! Cramping and/or bleeding are always scary to pregnant moms. Please keep us posted!
Old 01-27-2008, 04:38 AM   #9
angeldelight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bled from 6 to 12 weeks red blood with my 1st, see your doctor, i had scans each week as it turned out i had a tear where it may have been another baby it was never clarified tbh but each week it got smaller and he 2 1/2 now. I also bled with my second i think its quite common but go get checked out for piece of mind xx
angeldelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #10
mom2aroo
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had the same thing at 6 weeks..asked on another board & I had 20+ women tell me 6-7 weeks they had the same thing & all carried healthy babies!!
Good Luck!!!!!

I'm likely NAK or holding someone, please forgive typos & lack of caps!
mom2aroo is offline   Reply With Quote