Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #1
Quinn's mama
Registered Users

So, I'm wondering if any of you that are ecing and bfing notice a correlation between misses and your caffeine intake? I don't drink a ton, but I do normally start off my day with a (big) Dunkin Donuts iced tea.

The other day, due to circumstances beyond my control, I missed my iced tea. I had a horrible headache all day, but we had the Best.EC.Day.Ever. Well, maybe not ever, but certainly in months - she signaled, we caught everything, seriously not one miss all day (much better than we've been doing with the pees most days around here lately). Coincidence?

Quinn's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:11 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Caffeine?

With DS1, I cut caffeine out completely shortly after I found out I was pg, and started drinking coffee again when he was 14ish mo. Anytime I had caffeine, we'd have misses like crazy. Definite correlation. He just could not seem to signal after I'd had a cup of coffee. He did eventually seem to adjust, though I never went crazy with the caffeine.

With DS2 I cut down but didn't quit caffeine except for the first tri, and I now usually have 1-1.5 cups of coffee or equivalent each day. I'm pretty sure if I cut out the caffeine we'd have fewer misses. I'm working on it, but I really need my cuppa joe these days.
Mama to a silly 3yo and a fearless 1yo!
tsfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:34 PM   #3
Registered Users

Maybe this is something I should try.. I'll admit I do drink a lot of coffee and we are having issues starting out ecing. Man this si gonna be hard.
hannahmk44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

interesting. i am drinking loads of caff to try to keep my milk supply down, maybe i should try a couple of days without and see what happens with ec. of course an even higher foremilk to hindmilk ratio might be worse.
mamma to jeannie 12/22/04 and atticus 11/22/07
mammaofbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:19 AM   #5
Registered Users

I also found a very definite correlation between my caffeine intake and having lots of pee misses with my dd.
Deirdre - mama to Madeline (7) and Zara (4.5) and Malcolm (17 months)
Continuum Family |
your source for natural (and EC-friendly!) parenting essentials
~baby carriers ~ cloth diapers & training pants ~ pottying & EC supplies ~ books & DVDs ~ nursing products ~
Join us on Facebook and Twitter!
continuum-family is offline   Reply With Quote