Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #11
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

Re: Any tips on trying for boy?

Oh thank you thank you thank you! I will try it all, just to cover all the bases!

About the Woman on top deal, I can see that working. The slower girl sperm is likely to come out and give the stronger boy sperm a greater chance. I think?

Thanks again!

Advertisement

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #12
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

the way i see it, is if you're trying for one sex or the other try everything possible old wives tale or not! just try it all and see what happens! good luck! we really want a girl ourselves, but when we conceived we hadn't gotten very far into me trying to become acidic. just didn't think it would happen that quickly! oops! so hello boy #3! heck boys are hilarious at least lol.
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:59 PM   #13
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

we used OPK and fertility firneds to keep track of oculation. We avoided the couple days prior to makes sure there were no sperm "up ther" when I ovulated and had sex closest of ovulation. (because the males swim faster but also die faster)
Old 05-03-2006, 08:01 PM   #14
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
I have NO idea about the on top or on bottom but I think thats an old wives tale!

With DS I was on the pill so I cant count that time LOL

DD we dtd a few days before O (ok 5!) dh was going out of town and we had to at least TRY that month..and it worked

This time around (another boy) we DTD the day I O'd

So I really believe in the theory that boy sperm swim faster but girl sperm live longer.
This is ow it worked for me....and I agree postion doesn't really matter...although I was on my hands and knees
Old 05-03-2006, 08:04 PM   #15
pugmom
Registered Users

When I was trying - there was a sperm friendly lubricant called preseed that I ordered. A ton of people used it on another message board I was on and there was an overwhelming amount of boys from those of us who used it.

http://www.babyhopes.com/pre-seed.html

Good luck!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:13 PM   #16
Shawn
Registered Users

Both of my girls were 'birth control' babies, and back then I wasn't keeping track of ovulation and such, but when I married my current DH, we decided we wanted to try for a boy, just to see if it would work.

Our combination of techniques with the boys:

2nd day after ovulation, at night, DH drinks 1/2 cup of coffee 2 hours before dtd (this is supposed to get the sperm 'hyper'), did the hands and knees position (called the 'Warrior' position, believe it or not! LOL), and let HIM have the orgasm. (he'll owe ya' BIG time).

Ya, we did this twice, and have 2 boys. Worth a try, maybe?
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:45 PM   #17
Knittress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The WebMD calendar was about the "Shettles Method." They have since taken it down, I believe. The best position to conceive a boy is to be male enter from behind (all fours, etc.) because of deeper reach so to speak.

My dc was a surprise, but it was interesting to read that info when I stumbled across it a couple of years ago.
And Mel is right... miss. is for girls.

Last edited by Knittress; 05-04-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Knittress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:03 PM   #18
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn

2nd day after ovulation, at night, DH drinks 1/2 cup of coffee 2 hours before dtd (this is supposed to get the sperm 'hyper'),
I didnt think the egg lived that long. I could have SWORE it died 24 hrs after being released from the ovary?

Also, FWIW.....every time we have gotton PG has been missionary. We are pretty old fasioned when it comes to gettin PG
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:26 PM   #19
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowynne
We have never tried for a specific gender, but when TTC we always bd the week before to the week after O just to be "safe" and we have 3 girls so the faster sperm thing never worked for us.
the problem with this is that you bd a lot of the days so there was probably already girly spermies up there when your egg released because you had already been intimate 3 days earlier!

I think the thing to the boy is NOT having sex more than 24 hours before you ovulate - so if you want a boy and know you are going to ovulate within about 24 hours go ahead but otherwise wait until you know you are ovulating. That way there are no sperm already there waiting for that egg!
Old 05-04-2006, 03:51 PM   #20
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

LOL, according to the shettles method I should have had a boy. I'm having twin girls... so I dunno about that. We also hadn't BD'd for days before the day I O'd so we know I got pg from my chart just on the day I O'd. When I got pg with DS we were having sex multiple times a day for pretty much ever day of my cycle. LOL we got pregnant really fast, but also got a boy...
I think it just has to do with what DH happens to put in there for ya, KWIM? You can try some of that stuff, it's worth it to try. It also just may be your turn for a boy... without needing to try anything.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote