Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2008, 05:00 PM   #1
jillianh
Banned

My Mood:
i feel silly but i tried

i knew dd had to potty--she was super super fussy and i knew she had to go to the bathroom because of that, so i brought her upstairs because she was farting a ton too and i was going to change her diaper but when i took it off there was just a little bit of poop in there (hardly any) so i sat her up and was trying to see if she'd poop in the sitting up position. she was really upset so i just laid her back down to change her and i had the idea to put a prefold under her while she was sitting up and she peed on the prefold before i changed her. she just seemed so upset about sitting up (Assisted of course) with no diaper on.

Advertisement

jillianh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
beccalriley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: i feel silly but i tried

there is a reclining position that is better for younger babes sometimes...i have heard lots of people have more success with it than the sitting postion at first. Great job reading babes cues though.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
jillianh
Banned

My Mood:

thanks. we will probably do it part time...dh won't be fully on board with it (he already thinks i'm waaaay crunchy lol) so it'll be a daytime thing and when dh is gone
Old 01-27-2008, 08:07 PM   #4
laceys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just started EC too and I am pretty much alone on it too. The way I look at it is any effort you put into it now will totally cut down on effort in PLing.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #5
kthiday
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm dealing with the same thing with DD- I KNOW she has to go, but she screams and sqirms when I put her on the pot. Well, one day (last week), I just held her a bit longer, trying to wait just a bit. Well, she did pee, and as soon as she did, lo and be hold, she stopped screaming! She was as happy as a clam after she pottied. And it's been the same way since then. For my DD, I think she has to go so bad that she's uncomfortable and that's why sh'e fussing. If your LO is not used to sitting on the potty, maybe laying down is the "familiar' potty position. Try slightly reclinging them like the other mama said, and slowly work your way to fully upright. Just a thought- good luck tho

kthiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #6
jillianh
Banned

My Mood:

thanks
Old 01-28-2008, 03:30 PM   #7
mammaofbean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my dh thinks i am nutty also, but even so he was thrilled the first time he caught a pee. he came around once he realized the baby really did want to go on the potty.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:36 PM   #8
lilyfrog_flowers
Registered Users
seller

DH caught DD#2s poo tonight.... he just laughed and said well here we go again! Guess I had better get a baby bjorn potty. I get too worried having her on the insert in the big potty. DD#1 who still poos everytime in her big girls just looked at her like, wait a minute I should be in her place!
Congrats and keep plugging away!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:37 AM   #9
Sunshinesmiles22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillianh View Post
thanks. we will probably do it part time...dh won't be fully on board with it (he already thinks i'm waaaay crunchy lol) so it'll be a daytime thing and when dh is gone
You might be surprised regarding your dh. Mine loved the idea of it at first, but thought it was def. something I should do. He LOVED cloth dipes. I still have to remind him to take her if she's cueing, but when he "catches" and she immediately gets happy--he's thrilled. He thinks I'm weird and crunchy too, but is starting to think it's sexy (5 years later). Give it a try.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:27 PM   #10
Blurberrybuzz
Registered Users

DH didn't EC with #1, but did with #2. He didn't do too much with the cloth dipe back ups either. Said he didn't know how to wash them. He's now a pro with #3....lol.
He also loves EC. Great cue reading. It's perfectly fine to lay baby down on a prefold to have her eliminate. It's one of the methods. My DS Vin wasn't happy sitting on the pot until 3 mo. DS Izzy wasn't happy til 7 1/2 months. You can also straddle the toilet and perch the baby in front of you on the edge. This is a good method for in public. I've been yelled at and lectured for peeing babies in the sink too many times.
I carry a bblp along now and put it on the counter.
Blurberrybuzz is offline   Reply With Quote