Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

experimenting wash again....

SO my biggest wash challange since moving is getting detergent rinsed. We move to an area with even HARDER water and getting detergent to rinse isn't the easiest...
SO waht I like.. I love my detergent I use babyganics I love the cleaning ability I love its unscented dye free crulity free promotes cloth diapering ect and I can get it locally. IT is still an enzyme detergent which I actually desire and it does a great job cleaning and keeps my DD skin looking great..

What I dont like.. I still have to rinse a few times and now that we moved its a LOT..IF I skip while I dont get stink or anything we do start to see rashes.

So my experiment to see if I can lower the detergent and still get clean diapers and rash free skin and less rinsing...

So the first thing is I'm lowering the detergent I've gone from right at the lowest line to 1/2 up to the first line (I reduced by 1/2)

I'm also taking the oppurnuity to try a new product.. With some new covers I took a chance and ordered some of this.. http://www.realnappiesusa.com/cloth-...1-lb-pack.html seems nicer than using bleach and I'm all for that even though I have NO issues using bleach if necessary..

SO my rountine is similiar to how I ussually do it with jsut the slight detergent adjustments
1) cool prewash nothing ( to kinda get the gunkies out and allow the flats in my pockets to agitate out before wash cycle
2) LONG hot wash heavy duty cycle heavy load with 1/2 my ussual detergent and 1 heaping teaspoon nappiefresh..
I'll have to see how many rinses....

wish me luck..

Deanna

Advertisement

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: experimenting wash again....

Let us know how it turns out.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #3
mpfanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Good luck! I use 1/2way to the 1st line in my HE FL and it works fine. Maybe you should try Calgon water softener? It might make rinsing easier. I use Biokleen Oxygen Plus with my Babyganics to help with the rinsing (and stains and things).
mpfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #4
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfanny View Post
Good luck! I use 1/2way to the 1st line in my HE FL and it works fine. Maybe you should try Calgon water softener? It might make rinsing easier. I use Biokleen Oxygen Plus with my Babyganics to help with the rinsing (and stains and things).
If this doesn't do it (rinse wise) calagon is my next try.. I'd jsut like to not have to add more stuff KWIM? But hard water is tricky stuff...

So far it still seems murky after first full cycle (including extra rinse)...

Deanna

Old 04-21-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

okay well I did a medium sized load with a mixture of prefolds flats covers and pockets plus wipes..
cold prewash
hot long wash with detergent 1/2 up to the lowest line and teaspoon nappie fresh wash set to auto second rinse...
I STILL had to rinse like 4 complete cycles..

water during wash cycle

during first rinse (wasn't real hopeful)

during second rise

its that murky look that takes forever to rinse out. I know its a water issue because I used this same stuff with 100% success in our old home...

So today (currently) I'm running load #2 same mixture plus the new diapers we added since starting the last load, THis time though I've added some calagon.. I was hopign to avoid having to use any just cause its jsut another thing but I think untill we can get a water softener I may jsut have to use something... THe calagon BTW was a PITA to find which is strange cause I normally see it EVERYWHERE of course when I NEED it...

Deanna

Old 04-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #6
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

ohh if it matters we have water hardness of 22 gpg