Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2006, 05:54 PM   #21
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is the youngest anyones dc has ever walked?

my nephew who is now working on 16 YEARS old, was pulling up at 4 months old and walking by 6 months old. Really weird to see a 4 month old standing up in his crib.

Advertisement

jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:32 AM   #22
lavieenrose
Registered Users
seller

Both my kids were taking unassisted steps at 8 months, full on walking about 2 weeks later. Hey, it's good exercise to constantly be running after your kids, right?
lavieenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #23
Kama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My daughter is just a little older than yours. She just started pulling up yesterday and now shes an expert already. She was standing unassisted today. I swear she grows in leaps, nothing for a while and then BAM. I was wondering this myself. My mother in law says my sister in law was walking by 9 months so I guess we will see!
Kama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:10 PM   #24
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

my DD walked alone at 6 months and she babbled a few words at that age too. DS rolled over at 6 weeks!! but he was a big baby so he had an advantage. he crawled at 4 months, pulled up at 5. he's now 7.5 months he motors along the furniture and in brave moments will take a couple of steps but then quickly gets scared and sits down. he will stand alone if i just stopped holding his hand, but he is starting to stand up from a squatting position. i think he will walk unassisted here soon
Old 08-20-2006, 08:39 AM   #25
Kels5kids
Registered Users
Formerly: Kels4kids
seller

My Mood:

My 3rd baby walked at 7 months. Was pulling up at 6 months and taking steps a week after. When he let go at 7 months that was the end of crawling. I pulled my hair out after that.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:28 AM   #26
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

My eldest walked at 8 months. None of my others have walked that young.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:52 AM   #27
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Taiven was standing unassisted and taking steps at 5 months but not walking until 6 months. He was early at everything. rolled at 2 1/2 weeks, sat at 3 months, cruised the furniture at 4 months and stood alone at 5 took 1-5 steps at 5 months but was walking across the room and around the grocery store at 6 months. He also talked very young already able to say "i yuh you" at 6 months too and by nine months had over 50 words!
Only thing that came with early walking was the fact that depth perception doesnt come for a baby until around 9 months, so he wouldnt be able to tell if there was an incline or step it was all flat to him so he was constantly falling or tumbling from not being able to see inclines. AND you have to deal with all the old bitties at the store telling you you're going to make your kid bow legged because I "let" him walk so early. I am sorry but How was I to stop him from walking????
Old 08-20-2006, 12:31 PM   #28
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

And I thought my kids were early walkers!! Alex was 7 months when he stood alone and was walking un assisted at 8 1/2 months. Madison was the exact same age for both!! Hummm...wonder when this one will stand and walk

As for talking Alex was an early one ~ first word at 4 months and wouldn't stop after that while Madison didn't talk until she was 22 months old. One extreme to the other there.

They both teethed very early ~ first at 2 1/2 months for both of them. i swear they came out teething!!

Alex was fully potty learned one month before his 2nd birthday and Madison was fully potty learned at 2 years 3 months. They were both quick and easy to teach ~ like 2 weeks of reminding and no accidents after that.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:14 PM   #29
carleyc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD learned to crawl, pull-up, cruise, and stand unassisted all in the same weekend. It was a sad weekend for me. She was 7 months old when she did all that, but she didn't take her first steps until 9 months and was really walking at 10 months.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:21 PM   #30
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

My own daughter walked at 11 months.

I have a daycare boy that is sooooo close to walking, and he is nine months old. I am considering knocking him down each time I see him try to let go and walk. No good can come from a nine month old on two wheels.
escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote