Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #1
gracefaith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What kind of dipes do you use?

I am about to loose my mind trying to get my cover and snappied prefold off every time DS wants to potty. The FBs I use at night work SO much better, but as diapers go, I much prefer my prefolds, but I feel like if we EC any more seriously, I am going to have to totally rethink my diapering approach.

What do you guys do?

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
ddewan
Registered Users
seller

Re: What kind of dipes do you use?

I have the same question... what dipes are good for a 4 month old and a 20 month old, both of which I am trying to ec?
ddewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
mammaofbean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i use anything but lean towards prefolds and fitteds, no cover. this prefold belt i just got is brilliant, it is going to be what i use most at home when i don't just have him naked. often i just sit him on a prefold on my lap or in his swing or bouncy seat. for going out i like some sort of a stay dry liner, so that is when i am most likely to use a pocket.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #4
Sunshinesmiles22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We've pretty much switched to trainers (adding a waterproof cover when necessary). The pull up thing was a HUGE help in ec'ing.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:34 AM   #5
julia2879
Registered Users

My Mood:

This is a great question! I've been ECing my 1 year old with prefolds and I agree with OP, it is so annoying to have to un-snappi!!! I've heard a lot of people use fitteds for ECing, but that is just not going to happen for us, they are too expensive. We are coverless at home, and I watch her like a hawk so there are no snappi injuries. The prefold belt sounds like a great idea!
Julia, wife to Rob 4/03, SAHM to Lucy 1/07 and expecting #2 8/09
julia2879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:01 PM   #6
kthiday
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

with DS I used FB, until I discovered BG, which I then used until he PL. With DD, I have found that BB fit her best, but at night we still use BG. I can pull em off fast, or use them as trainers when PL (no inserts!)

kthiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #7
pixiepunk
Registered Users
seller

with DS, when we were home i just used a snappi'd prefold - no cover (only exception was if i knew he wanted to take a nap on my back in a MT, i would use a cover just in case, though it was rarely an issue).

at a little over 1 yo, i switched to side-snapping waterproof trainers. SEZ. they made things a lot easier! this time around i'm going the PF/snappi route again for the early days. might try making a belt too, they look handy, though i don't know how they'd hold up to a kid on the go... once i deem it time for trainers, i might try the EC store ones, they're a lot less expensive than the SEZ's, and seem to have all the same features i liked.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:26 PM   #8
beccalriley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love poquito pants..if you can find them! They are the perfect EC diaper ...also if you can sew or see any from a wham the potty dance pants were wonderful. Precious coverings makes some great trainers and OV undies. Also the EC store makes snap pants in waterproof and nonwaterproof. We are also coverless at home!
Old 01-31-2008, 08:09 AM   #9
EcoTykesMama
Registered Users

What about EC'ing with underwear in a wool soaker to catch any oopsies?
EcoTykesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:43 AM   #10
elliehill2
Registered Users

I use just fitteds and no cover - the easiest to get on and off quickly are my thirsties fab fitteds because they are aplix - also I have some snap fitteds. There's no way we could EC using prefolds because I'm so clumsy and DS is so squirmy and impatient we would just end up in a serious wrestling/screaming incident. We also are babylegs lovers to minimize clothing/snaps dillemas
elliehill2 is offline   Reply With Quote