Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2008, 10:14 AM   #11
gracefaith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What kind of dipes do you use?

Well, we've solved our problem for the time being. I'm trifolding in a Thirsties cover. I would *never* just trifold normally, but we're catching pretty much every poop right now, so it's safe and fast to get off.

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 03:09 PM   #12
youmb00
Registered Users
seller

I've heard prefold without cover is great.

we use AIO (just coz we found them cheap) and it is a hassle to un-velcro everytime.

other times, we use prefold belt + prefold
or just split crotch pants.
or split crotch pants + prefold
youmb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:10 PM   #13
robina
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliehill View Post
I use just fitteds and no cover...There's no way we could EC using prefolds because I'm so clumsy and DS is so squirmy and impatient we would just end up in a serious wrestling/screaming incident. We also are babylegs lovers to minimize clothing/snaps dillemas
ditto.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #14
Blurberrybuzz
Registered Users

With DD #1 - now 6 1/2 - I use sposies (gasp). At about 9 months old I started making her panties and by 12 months she was in them regularly. I also made some yucky cloth diapers with velcro closures. I liked the panties the best.
With DS #1 (baby #2) I used fitteds. I sew, so it was not problem. He was an EC champ and by the time he was 1 I bought a whole bunch of Gerber 18 mo sized training underwear and put him in those. They were great. Caught the oops I'm too slow pees and any poo I failed to catch. DS #2 (baby #3) has been the most difficult for me. He's not liked ec at all. I use pocket diapers on him and babylegs so I can whip them off at any time. I made most of the pockets. They're similar to swaddlebees. Most of them have velcro closures. I will also put him in those 18 mo sized training pants with a fitted underneath. We're not so good at EC yet so I miss alot of pees. I can hardly wait til summer. DS will be 1 and we can go naked and pee outside.
Victoria
Blurberrybuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #15
tsfairy
Registered Users
seller

At home we mostly use trainers (Gerber/Wee Essentials) with wool pants for warmth and a bit of waterproofing. I just got a bunch of ME Sandys for going out (and for the days we run out of trainers) because I can use them as side-snap trainers. The pull up/down factor is big for me. We use wool soakers or pants for waterproofing on outings.

With DS1 we used a prefold trifolded in a bummis cover or a pocket dipe for going out. Pretty easy and quick to get off and on. I've been toying with the idea of making a wool wrap to use with a trifolded pf, so I can still use my pfs without the snappi, but we're not super reliable with poos yet so I've been putting it off in fear of the messes I'll have to deal with.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #16
*SweetPea83*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

At home we use....
prefold, trifolded with belt
Bright Bots
or just nothing at all!! Bella's favorite!!
I really need to purchase some panties for at home!

Out we use...
Waterproof snap pants trainers for the EC Store
Fleece over trainers most of the time... just for the added boost... just in case! LOL
Old 02-02-2008, 07:51 PM   #17
hollissmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use fitteds without covers at home and babylegs and put wool over them when out. I have a few covers if he wears something other than longies. The best part is you can use any fitteds since they are all absorbant enough for one pee, you don't need the heavy duty expensive ones.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #18
monkeequeen
Registered Users

I've found the perfect solution for us- trifold infant pf in an EC store simplycover. Super super easy and fast- and cheap! I also put the pfs in gdiapers, which also works great. Plus my obsession to collect every shade of dyed pf till I have a rainbow is a pretty inexpensive hobby...
monkeequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:43 AM   #19
SandraMort
Registered Users

My Mood:

With my son as a small baby, we used prefolds and covers, or naked time on prefolds or towels. Around four months, I think, we started moving to training pants.

With my daughter, we've been using fitteds that I got used here. Yes, they're more expensive than prefolds, but the amount of time and fussing I've saved makes it well worth it. I picked up a lot of 15 dipes for 40ppd, plus some others, but primarily use those 15. My dh says that at the rate we go through them, they paid for themselves the first week

I imagine that as she gets older, we'll switch to tp, but I don't honestly see much difference between a side snapping tp and a fitted dipe, other than (unnecessary) extra absorbancy. I prefer the trimmer fit of tp, but they're hard to find inexpensively and I may not end up with timeto sew.

Useful tip... some dollar stores sell cotton underwear that are sold for "diaper covers" to go under skirts over disposable diapers. The sizes are all wrong, but they're really nice little panties. We took some of those, cut up towelling o r pieces of prefold and sewed them into the crotch for homemade (semi ugly) training pants on the cheap
Old 02-04-2008, 07:45 AM   #20
SandraMort
Registered Users

My Mood:

What colors do you need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeequeen View Post
I've found the perfect solution for us- trifold infant pf in an EC store simplycover. Super super easy and fast- and cheap! I also put the pfs in gdiapers, which also works great. Plus my obsession to collect every shade of dyed pf till I have a rainbow is a pretty inexpensive hobby...