Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2008, 11:20 AM   #21
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: I think I might have PUPPPs :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina View Post
Yeah I'm going to ask her about that today too. I don't have any of the symptoms except for the itching (my palms and feet do not itch and that's a major one for ICP) and the lack of sleep so I think I'm ok but I'll ask her anyway.
Sorry.. I guess I am just paranoid with losing Abbey, so everything sounds serious to me. It is something to check anyway. I didn't even know something like that existed until that poor mama told me. She is the one who gave me the link.
I hope your itching stops soon!

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2008, 11:23 AM   #22
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina View Post
Thanks everyone, I'm going to try some of these suggestions.

Well my OB says it's definitely PUPPPs She gave me a prescription for some steroid cream but I'm not going to fill it just yet, I want to try the dandelion root tea first and see if that helps. She also said that I can take Benedryl at night to help with the itching and help me sleep.
I didn't want to have to take Benedryl but right now I'm pretty desperate, I have only slept about 8 hours in the past 3 days and I'm beyond exhausted. I need rest and right now if Benedryl is going to help them I'm going to take it.

Other than that, baby looks great so my constant itching and lack of sleep has seem to have had no affect on her.
I am so glad that it is just PUPPPs and not ICP! I am so sorry that you are itching though and I hope that you find some relief soon! Hopefully the Benedryl will help you stop itching and get some much needed sleep!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:31 AM   #23
MamaZelly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, this stinks. I got it right AFTER my first baby was born. Because of the timing, they had a hard time diagnosing it at first. I did Aveeno, benedryl, and I can't even remember what else. Finally, they had to put me on steroids.

I had given myself one "scratchy place" where I allowed myself to scratch. I'm sure it was totally psychological, but it helped ease the itching somewhat.

I was utterly miserable, and drove my poor hubby batty at night, because that was when I scratched everyplace like crazy. I couldn't stick to the scratchy place while I was sleeping!

The steroids helped. I didn't want to take them, but they cured the itching.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #24
happysahm
Registered Users
Formerly: mama22boys
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalbirthmama View Post
ok so i have some experience and some advice! i began to have it w/ my 2nd pregnancy and my midwife recommended drinking lots and lots of dandelion root tea. i did and it worked it was an ugly thing and i was so so glad to be rid of it. i hope it works for you.
My mw recommended this for me too. I am definitely going to try it now having heard twice in the same day.