Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2008, 07:49 AM   #1
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy rash on belly

i woke up this am with a red spotty, itchy rash on my belly any ideas? i called my OB and she just said it was probably "pregnancy related" but that doesnt really tell me anything she said she would call back this afternoon...but i wanna know NOW!!!! (BTW i havent changed soap, lotion or laundry detergent)

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:20 AM   #2
mommymilk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: rash on belly

Is it little raised dots??? If so I get this EVERY pregnancy, and it stinks. I liberally apply lotion (aquaphor) and that seems to do the trick, after a few days! Sorry you have to go through this! It can be very uncomfortable!
mommymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

I was thinking heat rash or something from dry skin. How does it feel/look after you use lotion? I got that a lot in my first pregnancy when my skin was stretching. I then got stretchmarks, so I just assumed it was 'pregnancy related" and had to do with dry skin and stretching.

I hope it gets better soon!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #4
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That is how my PUPPPs started. I woke up one day to an itchy belly and a rash, then after a couple of days it spread to my breasts, back, arms and legs. I'm really hoping that's not what you have because it is so not fun, in fact I'm wishing I could trade my skin in at the moment.

Hope its better soon!
Old 01-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #5
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with Christina, it sounds like PUPPS.

I've not had it, but a close friend of mine did with her first son, and I believe hers came on somewhere around 29 weeks or so....now that I think about it.
Hers was mainly on her chest, upper arms and underarms, and her OBGYN did give her some kind of cream to apply on it. I dont think hers went away until about a week post partum.

I hope that isnt what it is for you, Joanna! Let's cross our fingers its just stress dermatitis or something and goes away in a day or so!
Old 01-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #6
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa-Rachelle View Post

I've not had it, but a close friend of mine did with her first son, and I believe hers came on somewhere around 29 weeks or so....now that I think about it.
Hers was mainly on her chest, upper arms and underarms, and her OBGYN did give her some kind of cream to apply on it. I dont think hers went away until about a week post partum.

I hope that isnt what it is for you, Joanna! Let's cross our fingers its just stress dermatitis or something and goes away in a day or so!
i have an appointment tomorrow so i guess we will find out then...its not horribly itchy and doesnt itch hardly at all since i put lotion on but it hasnt gone away either
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:24 PM   #7
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa-Rachelle View Post

yep i got it at about 28wks and it lasted until i was one month post! nothing to really worry about unless it becomes hivish or you get a fever; hince why your doctor should look at it at each visit.
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:27 PM   #8
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If it's not itching that much then I think you're ok. Mine itches so bad that I literally scratch myself raw until my stomach and breasts are bleeding. I'd just keep an eye on it in case it gets worse.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:04 PM   #9
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

What is PUPPS? I'd never heard of it before
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:48 PM   #10
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

most doctor's call it pregnancy rash; put here it is all spelled out.

http://dermatology.about.com/cs/pregnancy/a/puppp.htm
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote