Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
Kimbokarrie
Registered Users
seller

When do you tell everyone?

My 3 best friends already know and my hubby of course, but I haven't told anyone else since we just found out.

When do you tell your parents? Do you wait till the 12 week mark, or just for those that you aren't close to.

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When do you tell everyone?

I tell everyone who's in ear shot! I'm practicaly shouting the news-I cannot help myself.
We'll our last pregnancy my MIL was so crummy and negative(still is since she probably knows were ttc again).I wont clue her in for as long as possible ,just to avoid the "why do you want another?"Babies are expensive,blah ,blah.The worst-'You have a boy and a girl,what do you want a puppy?!
We had a bad outcome-our last baby had anecephaly,so I'll probably tell them after a level 2 u/s came back good.I'd be just entering my 5th month then(I'm plus size so the baby bump hides for awhile)
Now w/ my mom and close friends it's told right after the stick turns+!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

I want to tell everyone, but I'm going to wait. We told about the 12 week mark with our son, but then it turned out our dates were wrong and his due date was pushed 2 weeks later, so with that we actually told on 10 weeks and I felt that was way to early. There is so many wks/mths to go that every one starts asking q's. So I want to be able to make it to the 12 week mark, and then i may just tell family. If I'm showing a lot by then I may tell friends at church. As for the friends from college that live far away, I'll probably tell them much later.
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:39 PM   #4
dragynflye
Banned

My Mood:

i couldn't wait... i told everyone! i called up people i hadn't spoken to in years just to tell them! we went out to dinner that night, and i even told the waiter! there was no way i could have waited...
dragynflye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
mommy2abigail
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I usually know right away, just a feeling I get. I then keep it all to myself for a few days...I don't know why I do that, I just do. With dd1, dh was out of town, and I didn't want to tell him over the phone, so that was the reason for the wait. With dd2, Fathers Day was 4 days away, and I thought it would be a neat time to tell him. After I tell dh, we tell everyone right away, so that would put me between 5-6 weeks when we tell. I don't have any problem telling people, to us, it's a baby at conception. And I figure the more people we have praying for us and the babe, the better. So we don't wait. We know there is a risk of miscarriage, but there are risks all along the way, you know? It's such a special thing, to be pregnant, that we just cant wait.
mommy2abigail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:42 PM   #6
MelDM
Registered Users
Formerly: newmom
seller

My Mood:

With my first DD we told everyone at Christmas time, so I was around 6.5 weeks. This time we told everyone at our wedding I was about 8.5 weeks when we got married. I honestly don't know how I held out that long though! It was torture!

Mama to 3! Brooke (4), Katie (3) and our newest addition, Ryan born 3/5/2011!
MelDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

I can't keep my mouth shut. We told everyone the day after we found out with this pregnancy.

With DD most of my family knew around 8 weeks, we told my IL's around 11 weeks.

I don't think I could keep it in for 12 weeks. LOL
Old 01-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #8
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Not pregnant ATM, but we told everyone the second we got a BFP with my first child and lost her at 13 weeks.

Now we wait until our first ultrasound or the 16 week mark.
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:49 PM   #9
Emily Whited
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, I just can't keep my mouth shut that long so I told everyone right when we found out.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:51 PM   #10
rachelgirl014
Registered Users
seller

With DD we told at about 13 weeks. We ended up having an U/S at 12 weeks since the doc couldn't get a HB on dopler, so we just e-mailed U/S pics to the grandma's to be. And then waited for the phone to ring. Funny thing, my mom deleted the pics, since she couldn't get them to open. I called her (was out of town when DH sent them) when I got back to see what she thought since DH never heard from her. So we had to resend them and of course she was excited.

With this one, we didn't tell until 16 weeks, I send out monthly pics of dd, but this time I had someone photoshop "1 of 2" on her shirt. Again we waited for the phone calls.

These are grandchildren #1 and 2 on both sides, so things can get overbearing which is a main reason we wait. Also want to make sure things are going well. Some friends did know this time before family because they don't annoy us as bad (in that they are just happy for us, not thinking we had another kid for their enjoyment). Gotta love family politics.