Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2008, 01:56 PM   #11
Toby_99833
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When do you tell everyone?

I told my BF right away. She was the first person I told actually. I told my DH later that night (after I got the BFP). A few days later we told DH's parents. We knew they would be soooo happy. Then a week or so later we told my parents because I knew they would not be excited. One of the first things my mom said was, "Just be sure to not go telling everyone incase you lose the baby." Nice huh? I waited until I was 10 weeks pregnant to tell another close friend of mine who had only recently lost her two boys at 21 weeks gestation. That was really hard. She cried, but was totally excited later that night.

Since we weren't TTC (we just weren't preventing) I think it caught a lot of people off gaurd (including me). Next time we will actively TTC and let EVERYONE know that we are trying to have a baby so that it can be happy news and everyone can be on the same page.

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2008, 01:58 PM   #12
sharleen (DCDiapers)
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I try and wait as long as I can.... that being said, I find out around 4 weeks and usually can only wait until around 8 weeks because thats when people are asking if I am pregnant. (I show really early on)

This time around I was a bit more reserved in telling people, but a few gossipers were on a mission to find out so it was out earlier than I liked.
I like being the one to tell people and not haveing them ask, so I try and tell them before they start noticing my bump.

Congratulations on the pregnancy!
Old 01-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #13
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

We told my parents around 10 weeks this time and asked them to wait for a bit before saying anything, then just let it "leak" from there but didn't really formally announce it to anyone else...with DD we did the same, starting with my parents at 9 weeks. No one knew about our 2nd miscarriage because we told everyone at 6 weeks with #1 and then lost the baby shortly after, and I never want to go through that again.

Last edited by 1blessedmama; 02-20-2008 at 09:45 AM.
1blessedmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:39 PM   #14
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We told at 12 weeks this time, I told a few people last time around the same time, but most people with my first (not close family, but friends and coworkers) around 15 weeks! I like having it be a secret for a while.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:03 PM   #15
Mommy/4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy/3boys
seller

My Mood:

With this one I told my parents about a week after I found out. I wanted to wait but we had such a rough sstart to the new year that I wanted to give them some happy news. They were really excited but worried about me (rough pregnancies). We told my aunt and uncle the next day, they are the godparents to my other kids so we wanted them to know. My dh didn't tell his parents until this week. My middle son's birthday is this weekend so had to tell them before the party.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:14 PM   #16
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Its funny. I'm beginning to think that this forum is making me want to tell sooner. I'm still going to wait. I mean here are all these women that are rejoicing along side of each other celebrating the conception of this wonderful new person and yet family doesn't know. THere are logistics to telling I know. I've been blessed so far to never have a mc. I pray I never do. So part of me would really like to tell my mom and my sister and try to get them to keep a secret. So currently there is a debate going on in my head. To tell or not to tell that is the question.
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:27 PM   #17
JeanieNGmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i told my family & friends the day i got a bfp. i waited untill after i told dh of course
Old 01-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #18
happysahm
Registered Users
Formerly: mama22boys
seller

My Mood:

I've told close friends and family, but no one else. I will make it public after my visit this Friday. I will be 12 weeks and will have hopefully heard a heartbeat.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #19
dance2874
Registered Users

I was never able to wait. I figured if god forbid something went wrong I would want their support so I didnt wait to tell.
dance2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:47 AM   #20
krisalee
Registered Users

I'm nearly 11 weeks and haven't told anyone yet, and we don't plan to for awhile. This will be our 7th, and people are not really excited for us anymore. I'd rather keep it to myself than hearing all the 'your're crazy' remarks. We're thinking around 30 weeks is a good time to tell.
krisalee is offline   Reply With Quote