Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2008, 06:09 AM   #21
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When do you tell everyone?

Being we had a miscarriage and 2 chemicals before we waited to tell everyone until I was 8 wks along and my levels were going up good.

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 08:00 AM   #22
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Krisalee if you can keep a secret till 30 wks you are one amazing woman!!! If only the telltale bump didn't give the secret away eventually
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:18 AM   #23
averysmom
Registered Users

With my ds. I was so shocked and excited, because we weren't trying. I told everyone right away. At the time I worked at a dr's office and some of the people I worked with said I was being stupid for telling people before 12 weeks.

With my dd I told my parents first and a few friends from church and it spread like wild fire.

Right now we are ttc #3 and I plan on waiting til the 12 week mark or so, because I m/c right after Thanksgiving and I told a few people and it was hard to "untell" them. I'll probably tell a few close friends and my mom early, just because I'll have to tell someone.
Avery Grace 8-17-05 Autumn Rose my HBAC baby 2-9-10 EXPECTING #4 sometime in Sept. 2012 Planning my second homebirth!!
averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:32 PM   #24
meowmixx3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i don't tell anyone really until about 17-18wks. i don't have a good track record..and i can't bear to hear someone like my MIL say," it was God's will".
meowmixx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:53 PM   #25
krisalee
Registered Users

LOL Heidi- we kept the last one secret till 22 weeks. I have some extra padding to begin with, so the bump isn't much of a concern for me. I don't think we'll have to hard of time keeping a secret. With our first 4 though I told everyone the moment I got that BFP!
krisalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:15 PM   #26
sarah26
Registered Users
seller

Location: Surviving Deployment #2... back home in the DFW area for the duration!
My Mood:

The first time we told everyone right away and the second time we waited a little longer but still not long enough. Both of those ended sadly!!! With this one we waited until a few successful u/s and the 1st trimester was about over. That is only b/c of what we've been through.!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:23 PM   #27
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

We told people we were close with at about 6 weeks, this time around. We waited longer with the rest though. I am almost 8 weeks now, and I won't mention it unless someone happens to ask me.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:09 PM   #28
dru1213
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think i called everyone with in 5 minutes of peeing on the stick.. I was too excited!! I was about 4 weeks i think at the time...

For Sale: Covers
dru1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #29
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

All you early tellers are tempting me. I need to stick with my resolve. I want to wait 6 more weeks till I'm actually 12 weeks. Oh I hope these weeks will fly by. Maybe I can try to forget I'm pregnant and then it won't be so tempting Like that's going to happen LOL
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:02 AM   #30
shannon306
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm almost 12 weeks with my first and we haven't told a soul. It's been pretty difficult because we see my MIL and FIL almost everyday. My family lives 2 hrs away so keeping the secret isn't as hard. I've already had a 1 us and everything seemed ok. My husband says we should wait until people ask us!
shannon306 is offline   Reply With Quote