Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2008, 06:15 PM   #21
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone due in May?

Yep, unassisted childbirth. I wasn't even going to meet with my midwife until later, but she was coming this way a couple weeks ago so I had my first appt. then. But she's totally cool with me wanting to keep all of my options open and said she supports me UC'ing, so I have the option of having her there or not...we'll see. I'd prefer to UC but it's nice to have more than one option, that way I don't feel like I let myself down at any point or anything, ya know?

What is weight gain looking like for everyone? I've been eating so much healthier this time and trying to exercise when I can, but I'm still gaining at the exact rate as I did with DD. So far that's about 13 lbs at 23 weeks, but I gained 42 total with her and was hoping to avoid that much (it came off easy after DD but I just fear I might be unlucky and it won't be the same this next time), but now I'm wondering if that's just what my body needs if I'm still putting it on at the same rate despite a healthier lifestyle.

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 06:17 PM   #22
fouradss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey Momma WELCOME!!!! I am due 5/4/08. However, I feel that this one will too be an April baby. My dd who will be 4 in April was due 5/9/04 and born 4/25/04. I am already measuring 2 wks ahead. This one is a boy, and if he is anything like his father he won't be born until 42 wks. Always late! LOL
Old 01-31-2008, 08:47 PM   #23
MistyP
Registered Users
seller

I am due May 4th with baby #4, girl #4!! I have a 4 yo, 3 yo, & 18 month old DD's . We are having a homebirth, we did with our last one also and it was wonderful!
Old 02-01-2008, 11:21 AM   #24
heidi320
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi, I'm new to DiaperSwappers and just found this thread! I'm Heidi, 24 and due with our first baby (a BOY!) on May 14th! We are also a military family, although Air Force and are stationed in Washington, DC.
I am thinking about cloth diapering this little guy, just a bit unsure of where to start...what we need...all that stuff, LOL. Hope everyone is doing well, and see you around!
heidi320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:00 PM   #25
StephNelson
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am due May 10th with my 2nd Boy... My 1st is only 7.5 months old
Old 02-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #26
jeniperlyn
Registered Users
seller

I'm due May 23rd or 13th (according to ultrasound), probably more towards the end of the month since my son was late, unless she kicks her way out . My son will be 2 on April 5th (he got the cool b-day 4/5/6) so i have my hands full already.

As far as weight gain goes, i don't think i'm back up to my pre pregnancy weight yet....i tend to loose weight and then not gain it back until the last month. This baby made me feel really sick in the begining but i didn't get sick. She has been kicking since 15 weeks (i couldn't beg my son to move when i was preg.) and it has hurt to walk since about 16 weeks. My bladder is her trampoline, such a different pregnancy than with my first.
SAHM to Zachary Arthur 4/5/06 Mckenzie Elizabeth 5/14/08 our angel with wings 6/2/07 & Complete Molar Pregnancy 3/8/12 followed by ema/co (multi unit chemo). weened at 24 months DD and 12 months DS, , ...out of the loop! Baby #3 due 5/19/15.
jeniperlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:44 PM   #27
sarahpotter
Registered Users
seller

Location: where you can have the heater and airconditioner on in the same day
My Mood:

Hey May Mommies!!
I am due May 4th!!
I will be having my second child, another boy!!!
My boys will be 19months apart.

I'm a week away from my 3rd trimester, and boy am I EMOTIONAL!!!!
This pregnancy had definantly been a lot tougher than my first.

Anyone one wonder why we need months of not being able to sleep to prepare for the months of no sleep we'll be getting when we have a baby?

You know, I really do enjoy being pregnant. It's all the side effects I don't like.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:12 PM   #28
sireia
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpotter View Post

Anyone one wonder why we need months of not being able to sleep to prepare for the months of no sleep we'll be getting when we have a baby?
It's such an injustice!
sireia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #29
etsdtm99
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blessedmama View Post

What is weight gain looking like for everyone?
I also gained 42 lbs with my DD but so far i'm gaining a little slower with this one.. well, as of 23 weeks i had gained 14lbs .. 2 lbs less than that point with DD -- plenty of time to catch up :P whats silly is that with DD the doctor was all over me about gaining too much weight but at 2lbs lighter, she is 100% happy with my weight..
Old 02-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #30
shandi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Me, due May 16th with a little girl
I was going to start a new May mama check in thread this month and just hadn't gotten around to it

Welcome to DS mama