Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2006, 06:36 PM   #11
sophiesbum
Registered Users

Re: Personal reasons for CD?

I started when dd was 8 months old. I did because I thought FB's were adorable. Then, I realzied OMG, these are SO comfy, then I was SO happy I was doing something good for the environment and my wallet! However, I must admit, I ? the amount of water that goes into the care of them.

Advertisement

sophiesbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 06:37 PM   #12
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

I appreciate all your replies, I am off to check ou the sites listed.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:38 PM   #13
LadonnaKen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never even considered cloth-diapering my first son, even though I'm pretty AP otherwise. Fortunately, my stepsister sorta pushed me into trying them with this baby, and I can't believe I let DS #1 wear those paper things now!!!! I feel like I'm giving DS #2 a nice soft place to keep his bum --someone once told me that if I went cloth, that I'd feel weird putting sposies on him, and they were right--I don't think I could go back to them if I wanted to now! I also love matching them to his shirts (in the hot August, its the perfect outfit)--I'm actually dreading when I have to put pants on him and cover them up!
LadonnaKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 06:49 PM   #14
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

I never considered CD with my first either, and would still be using disposibles if my 2nd wasn't sensitive to them. My friend suggested CDing to me when I was pregnant with the 2nd but I just didn't think it was something I wanted to mess with. Then my DD started getting terrible rashes, no matter what brand of disposable i bought, so I finally thought it couldn't hurt to try cloth. It has made such a difference for her. She still gets rashes pretty regularly, but not as sever as with the disposibles, and it is usually after I have had to put her in a disposible say for Daycare or something. I use prefolds and covers so we are saving a lot of money, I haven't figured out how those who use pockets and AIO figure they are saving, but I am sure they are. And if nothing else I do believe it is better for the enviornment.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:57 PM   #15
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I was always curious about cd and wanted to try them,but I was afraid of what people would think,mostly family. So the oldest two DC wore sposies. This time I didn't care what anyone thought about what I do with our baby.
So I presented the idea to DH under the guise of saving money. Personally I wanted to do it for health reasons and for shock value.
Now I see a whole new(and great)reason to use cloth. It's coming up on Christmas,we have presents for 3 little people and it's great to not have to figure in sposies in the budget.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:19 PM   #16
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveblessings
you dork!
Hey, I'm being honest!!! You want me to lie and say I'm head over heels in loooooove with washing poop out of an article of clothing every day? that was my absolute honest answer... a more politically correct way is saying because I like being "different". That better for ya?
Old 08-19-2006, 01:25 PM   #17
Christy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started for the $$ savings and for the environment but I stick with it because they are cute and I'm addicted. I love that it starts up conversations too. I try to convert everyone i meet.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:36 PM   #18
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We started CD when our son was 10 months old. He had a rash that wouldn't go away in the leg crease of both legs and next to his private parts. I started doing some reading and one hop led me to another and then I started researching the crystals in disposables. My Mom died of cancer when I was only 11 and we struggled with male infertility for years to conceive our two beautiful children. Cancer and male infertility have been linked to the use of disposable diapers. At the very least are on the rise because of them...... so it was off to the Internet to shop.... now I'm addicted to the "cute" factor and "comfort" factor. I also like knowing that our little guy is as comfortable as he can be in diapers!

Good luck with your search! You may find you like it!
Old 08-19-2006, 01:44 PM   #19
Adamsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think they are healthier, better for the environment, and I think they are so cute. I love that they make diapering fun!
Old 08-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #20
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Initially I got into mama cloth after having YEARS of female issues that were finally blamed on sposie female products. Since I stopped using those I have not had a single issue and am now preggers with #3. When I had my first (before my female issues got really bad) I used sposies. My MIL worked at the hospital and got them for a great price but my son had diaper rashes so bad he'd bleed. I didn't think much of it as Desitin cleared it right up. Thankfully he potty learned early. With #2 (after years of fertility issues) I still used sposies not really thinking that my female issues and sposie products being the same as sposie diapers (duh, I know). She also got rashes really bad AND is allergic to creams and ointments. I finally figured it out and switched to cloth training pants the summer before she turned 2. Now is #3 and I do not want my child subjected to sposie anything, those rashes were painful for my other 2 and my problems from using sposie products have just proved why they are not good. I have 2 daughter and I do not want them to have female issues as I had and if I can prevent it in any way I will do all in my power.

Plus they are soft and cushy ~ perfect for my baby's buns. The fabrics are darling and I am going to love showing them off. Personally I don't think I will save all that much because I am now addictd to wool along with my cd obsession.